Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is family instance joined?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
russ.green
825 Views, 5 Replies

is family instance joined?

I can't see anything using RevitLookup but is there a way to tell if a family instance has been joined to something?

When tranforming an edge I'm getting different results after joining the family to another family or a wall, etc.

Russ Green
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rosalesduquej
in reply to: russ.green

Dear Russ,

Hi, I raised the question to our engineering team, and here is the response from one of them.

I think there are a couple of things to try:

1.) JoinGeometryUtils.GetJoinedElements()

For this one you could check out the post on Jeremy Tammik blog: http://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/2014/02/getting-two-different-kinds-of-joined-elements.html

2.) For concrete framing family instances and walls, you can get the Element’s Location, cast to LocationCurve, and look at ElementsAtJoin.

And for this 2nd suggestion you can look at this link. http://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/transaction/page/2/ Look for the post with title Wall Joins and Geometry.

There is also Element.GetGeneratingElementIds() which tells you for a given piece of geometry from an element what element causes this geometry to form.

Let us know how it goes, enjoy.

Cheers,

Jaime Rosales D.
Sr. Developer Consultant
Twitter | AEC ADN DevBlog
Message 3 of 6
russ.green
in reply to: rosalesduquej

The first method worked for me.

Thanks

Russ Green
Message 4 of 6
in reply to: rosalesduquej

can you show me JoinGeometryUtils.JoinGeometry method?

ko0ls
Message 5 of 6
russ.green
in reply to: 01688686718

You get the joined elements something like this

Dim the_list_of_the_joined As ICollection(Of ElementId) = JoinGeometryUtils.GetJoinedElements(document, familyinstance)

You can then check the size of the ICollection or projecess the elements stored in it.

Russ Green
Message 6 of 6
in reply to: russ.green

thank you so much, i'm beginer in revit api should I'll need your help any
more.
ko0ls

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community