Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert a planar based family instance

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
JamieVJohnson
309 Views, 2 Replies

Insert a planar based family instance

Hello,

I have an object (Simpson Strong-Tie CS22 strap Structural Connection) and I am trying to insert it using any NewFamilyInstance method. So far nothing works... I snooped the object after manually inserting it and found that it is a curve (2 points in world coordinates), and has a working plane (sketch plane parameter) set by string to the object you first selected (in my case a wooden stud). That tells me that it should insert using the NewFamilyInstance(Face, Line, FamilySymbol) method. But when I use this, even after having gotten the proper Geometry.PlanarFace object from the stud's geometery, Revit throws an internal error (of an unknown description). Has anybody used this method of inserting a family instance, and can they help me figure it out why I am getting this error.

Thanks,

jvj
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Crashnorun
in reply to: JamieVJohnson

I'm running into a similar problem with the adaptive generic component. Has there been a solution or a reason as to why this is occuring?

Thanks,

Message 3 of 3
saikat
in reply to: Crashnorun

Hi

I will be happy to investigate further if you can provide a minimal buildable VS project and a RVT file with the loaded family (whose instance you wish to create) and attach it to this post. Please ensuire that the VS project contains minimal code and does not contain any information that might be considered confidential.

thanks

Saikat Bhattacharya
Senior Manager - Technology Consulting

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community