Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Place Mass voiding solid with no faces

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
GeomGym
477 Views, 4 Replies

In Place Mass voiding solid with no faces

Hi,

Still looking at extracting geometry from a revit project.

If a user has modelled voids (to cut from a curving wall by face), then a solid reports zero faces and edges.

Here's the code I've attempted.  Can some one please help with how to identify this geometry?

Thanks in advance,

Jon

140121 revit solid with no faces.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
R.van.den.Bor
in reply to: GeomGym

I don't know if a in-place void does have faces.. When I snoop the void, it also tells there are no faces or edges. What are you trying to achieve ? Do you need the cut-off volume ?
Kind regards,
Remy van den Bor
ICN Solutions B.V.
Liked this post or found it usefull, don't forget the Kudo It won't hurt (at least not me).
Message 3 of 5
GeomGym
in reply to: R.van.den.Bor

Thanks for the reply.  I'd like to extract the faces (perimeter curves are fine for the time being as the faces are planar) so I can use the geometry in other software.

I hope there is a way of extracting them.

Message 4 of 5
R.van.den.Bor

Hello geogym,

I think I've got the solution. I took your drawing and drew a new wall next to it and then used snoop. It new wall had 6 faces and 12 edges. When I snoop your wall it has 9 faces and 18 edges, so the wall itself knows it faces.

So I guess with the example on the wiki you should be able to get the faces 🙂

faces and edges

Kind regards,
Remy van den Bor
ICN Solutions B.V.
Liked this post or found it usefull, don't forget the Kudo It won't hurt (at least not me).
Message 5 of 5
Joe.Ye

Revit didn't expose the API to read the in-place void family instance. 

As Remy pointed out, you can get the consequence of this void in-place family instance by its intersecting wall's geometry. 

Joe Ye
Contractor
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community