Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing an AutoCAD application

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mhillis
378 Views, 1 Reply

Importing an AutoCAD application

Good morning everyone,

I know this is a topic that has been discussed before, however; I couldn't immediately find information that was verified to be up-to-date.  I was wondering about the logistics of importing an AutoCAD MEP application into Revit.  Currently, we develop and maintain software that matches the first question of this webpage to the letter using AutoCAD MEP and .NET - http://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/2012/10/porting-an-autocad-application.html

We have an application where we have a custom ribbon, where we override grips, graphics, etc etc.  I was wondering if the information in the link I provided still holds true for today since it's dated for 2012.

If it's not feasible to import our software into Revit in it's current form, is there a tangible means to import our drawings into Revit while maintaining things such as labels on our objects, graphics, etc etc. 

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jeremytammik
in reply to: mhillis

Dear Mhillis,

Thank you for your query, which you also raised as an ADN case 10238182 [Importing an AutoCAD MEP application to Revit MEP] at the same time.

Please avoid doing this, since we end up with duplicate cases.

I already answered your other case directly.

In addition, I thought the answer might be of general interest, so I published an edited version of it on The Building Coder:

http://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/2014/12/porting-an-autocad-application-to-revit.html

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community