Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to : View class set_SurfacePatternOverrideByElement() in API 2012?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
305 Views, 1 Reply

How to : View class set_SurfacePatternOverrideByElement() in API 2012?

Hi Everyone,

I would like to set the surface pattern color of element in 3D view using 2012 API. This can be done via UI by Open 3D View->Right click on a Element--> Override Graphic in View --> By Element --> SurfacePattern --> choose color, Pattern - solid 

However, i can't find any method/function to set the surface pattern and color override by element.

In the View Class, it has method like

public void set_CutColorOverrideByElement(ICollection<ElementId> ids, Color color);
public void set_CutLinePatternOverrideByElement(ICollection<ElementId> ids, LinePatternElement linePattern);
public void set_CutLineWeightOverrideByElement(ICollection<ElementId> ids, int weight);
public void set_ProjColorOverrideByElement(ICollection<ElementId> ids, Color color);
public void set_ProjLinePatternOverrideByElement(ICollection<ElementId> ids, LinePatternElement linePattern);
public void set_ProjLineWeightOverrideByElement(ICollection<ElementId> ids, int weight);

but, all above method does not set the surface pattern. Does anyone know how to change the surface pattern and color override by element using 2012 API? Any help is appreicated.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I got some suggestion to use 'OverrideGraphicSettings' set the graphich overrides(which it contains method member to set the surface pattern and color), but this type is in 2014 API, but i am using 2012 API now. Does anyone know how to do it via 2012 API? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community