Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add or remove scripts to a Revit project file?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
miguel.alanis
806 Views, 5 Replies

How to add or remove scripts to a Revit project file?

A user from my work install a third party software called SOFiSTiK Reinforcement Detailing, he tested the software for a while and finally uninstalled. The problem is that every time they open the Revit project file a Taskdialog appears and tell the user to reinstall the application or ignore future warnings, the ignore warnings doesn't work and the worst part is that if the file is moved to another PC that never has installed the software also shows the TaskDialog. They ask me to remove the message, and still can find a way. I already try Disabling all addins from ProgramData, AppData and ApplicationPlugins. So I have the idea that the software added a script to the Revit file, I'm not familiar with this kind of API or if is there a way to expose a RVT file as a Directory folder something like a bundle and disable the script. If anyone knows how to script a Revit File that doesn't need an Addin to run and can give some pointers to where start, it will be very appreciated. Also if had an idea of how to remove the starting Task Dialog. We're using Revit 2014 Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
arnostlobel
in reply to: miguel.alanis

Hello Miguel,

I believe what you experience is a warning about used Dynamic Updaters. Before I proceed farther with instructions how you can deal with the problem, could you please upload a screenshot of the message that shows up when you open the document, so it ether confirms or denies my suspicion?

Thank you

Arnošt Löbel
Message 3 of 6
arnostlobel
in reply to: arnostlobel

I would still like to get to the bottom of the reported problem. Miguel, could you please upload the screen-shot as I asked you to so I can see clearly what you were referring to?

Thank you

Arnošt Löbel
Message 4 of 6
miguel.alanis

Sorry for the delay. I was expecting an email, to see if anyone has answer, and today I checked the forum.

Thank you for you support.

This is the screenshot

Sofistik.PNG

Kind Regards Miguel

Message 5 of 6
arnostlobel
in reply to: miguel.alanis

Hello Miguel.

Thank you for the screen shots. It confirms what I suspected. The warning you see has nothing to do with scripts within the document you open or with add-ins you may have installed on your computer. Ironically, it is about an add-in you do not have installed. When the document was created or last modified, the user who did that had an addin in his or her machine. The add-in registered a dynamic updater and that dynamic updater was later (in the session of modifying the document) invoked and made some modification to the model. Just the very fact that the Updater made modifications was recorded in the document together with the signature of the Updater and its AddIn. So, there is no script embedded – only the record that an external code modified the model.

Now, when you try opening the document Revit can see that it was modified by an Updater and expects it to be present. (For that is the common and desirable scenario). It is, however, not your case, since you were probably given the document and do not have the Addin with the Updater available locally on your machine. Fortunately, the steps to get rid of the warning are simply. I suggest you follow the instructions from the message: choose either the 2nd or 4th options from the list. Both of them will remove the record of the Updater from the document.

The steps are a bit more complicated if your file is work-shared. In that case you have to open the central file, go through the process of removal of the updater record and re-saving the file, and finally updating all your local files off the newly saved central file.

I hope this helps.

Arnošt Löbel
Message 6 of 6
miguel.alanis

Hi Arnošt Löbel,

Thank you for the solution,  for solving the problem.

The Project is in the central, so it would be the second scenario.

So revit remember the updaters on an open document, I found more information in your Dynamic Model Update presentation, I see is an like an event that can be registered on a document with an UpdaterId class and the UpdaterRegistry.RegisterUpdater.

Programmatically wont be posible to access de updater without the Id, that leaves to remove with the second scenario.

Thanks

Best Regards

Miguel Alanis

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community