Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glitching Program

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
230 Views, 2 Replies

Glitching Program

I'm using 2014 Revit I recently installed for a class I'm taking and it has so many glitches it's almost impossible to use. My homework is taking hours longer than it should. I should have started my final project two weeks ago and I'm stuck. The tools and properties disappear or gray out and beep and there are buttons constantly flashing/glitching at the bottom of the screen. It has a poltergeist. Please advise. I'd really like to speak to a human.

Melissa

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jeremytammik
in reply to: Anonymous

Dear Melissa,

Please note that this discussion forum is dedicated to programming Revit using the Revit API.

Therefore, you cannot expect any answers to questions relating to installation or end user issues here.

You should try the Revit product support discussion forum instead.

I hope this clarifies.

Best regards,

Jeremy (human being)

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Message 3 of 3
arnostlobel
in reply to: jeremytammik

Hello Melissa,

Nobody has ever claimed that Revit is an easy application to master. It is an extremely powerful modeling software that allows users to prototype models to details that would not be otherwise achievable by other means. However, the power comes for a price : complexity. The Revit team always strives to make user adaptation as easy as possible, but there is always a significant learning curve that tends to be rather steep at the beginning. It is particularly true for users who come from other applications, particularly from non-BIM software. I recommend starting with the provided tutorials. That should help you to overcome the initial difficulties and understand typical workflows. Once that is out of your way, getting to higher proficiency of using Revit is probably best with some help of one of the many Revit books that are available. Sure, it’ll take some time to master Revit; it will be well worth it, however.

A secondary comment – as Jeremy pointed out above, this is the API branch of the Revit user’s forum. Here we deal with customization of Revit on top of its standard feature set.

Arnošt Löbel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community