Contributor
20 Posts
0 Kudos
Post 1 of 3
Accepted Solution

Get Command ID from Journal

267 Views, 2 Replies
10-12-2012 12:57 PM

I give up.  I've spent a good amount of time on Google and maybe it's just because it's Friday afternoon, but I cannot find my answer.

I am trying to play with 2013's ability to replace built-in commands.  I see that I can look through the journal file to get commands.  I also found a nice Excel sheet that listed a lot of the command IDs already.  The Command ID I am looking for does not seem to be in the Excel file, and looking through the Journal file gives me no help in figuring out what the command ID is.

I am specifically flooking for the Add a Leader under Symbol command, but would love to know how to determine it myself.

I investigated a bit into this and found the following entry in the Journal file for the Add A Symbol button click:

Jrn.PushButton "ToolBar , {}{} , Dialog_Family_FaminstLeaderDlgbar" _
          , "Add a Leader, Control_Family_FaminstAddleader"

From what it seems, many Revit actions are not performed using commands - actions can be taken directly in controls which seems to be happening here. So it seems we cannot get/use the CommandId to replace this functionality.

If you need a workaround, I am thinking if you can use the IUpdater mechanism to track for newly added symbol and take some steps as appropriate.

cheers

Employee
185 Posts
36 Kudos
Post 2 of 3

Re: Get Command ID from Journal

10-12-2012 02:36 PM in reply to: jkunkel

I investigated a bit into this and found the following entry in the Journal file for the Add A Symbol button click:

Jrn.PushButton "ToolBar , {}{} , Dialog_Family_FaminstLeaderDlgbar" _
          , "Add a Leader, Control_Family_FaminstAddleader"

From what it seems, many Revit actions are not performed using commands - actions can be taken directly in controls which seems to be happening here. So it seems we cannot get/use the CommandId to replace this functionality.

If you need a workaround, I am thinking if you can use the IUpdater mechanism to track for newly added symbol and take some steps as appropriate.

cheers

Saikat Bhattacharya

Contributor
20 Posts
0 Kudos
Post 3 of 3

Re: Get Command ID from Journal

10-15-2012 06:40 AM in reply to: saikat

I had found that line in the Journal as well, I just assumed that I didn't know how to translate it.  Sadly, not the case!

I will do some reading into the IUpdater.  Haven't used that yet.  Thanks!

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post