Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detecting 2x2 A.C.T. Grid

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
480 Views, 5 Replies

Detecting 2x2 A.C.T. Grid

Hi, I'm trying to use the referenceinterector to detect ceiling runners for MEP object alignments.  The problem that I run into is that the ceiling runners only show in the ceiling plan and not the 3d View which makes them difficult to locate without prompting a user for input. Is there a better way to locate ceiling runners?

Thanks,

Ian

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I noticed on the building coder, that there was no supported method of accessing these lines as of Revit 2013 http://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/2012/03/revit-2013-and-its-api.html.  I've noticed that in revit 2016, the 3d view displays the ceiling runners.  I've also noticed that when you tessellate the ceiling geometry into lines, you can get the borders of adjacent lights.  That would be 1 way to guess where the ceiling runners are.  Does anyone know of another?

Thanks,

Ian

Message 3 of 6
jeremytammik

Dear Ian,

Nope. Your solution sounds good to me. Does it solve the issue for you now?

Cheers,

Jeremy

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Message 4 of 6
jeremytammik

Dear Ian,

You asked in a separate message, 'Is there a way to email a developer? Or If I'm having difficulties with the api, is there a way to request a ticket to have something fixed?'

Actually, posting a thread here in this forum is the best way to achieve both.

Please post a new thread if you have any other issues.

Thank you!

And sorry that this one was not responded to earlier on!

Cheers,

Jeremy

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: jeremytammik

Jeremy,

Thanks for your response.  I'm afraid I'm still at a loss on how to observe the intermediate ceiling runner geometry.  I've tried searching for this variable with the RevitLookup Tool.  In revit 2015, I've found a built-in enum for ceiling elements called ceiling_attr_spacing1_param that I'm guessing is intending to show ceiling line spacing, however I've only witness this variable have a value of 1, regardless of spacing.  This parameter was removed in Revit 2016.  This information must be stored somewhere, any idea on how it may be accessed through the api?

Best,

Ian

Message 6 of 6
joshua.lumley

Have you had any further success with this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community