Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating element in updater typeof "GetChangeTypeElementAddition"

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ollikat
482 Views, 3 Replies

Creating element in updater typeof "GetChangeTypeElementAddition"

Hi all Revit API masters 🙂

Doesn anyone have an experience in following situation?

I have an updater which is triggered by element additions (Element::GetChangeTypeElementAddition()). Within the Execute of that updater an another element is created (a tag element).

In previous Revit release this again caused triggering of updater(s) of "addition" type. But seems that in Revit 2013 it's not the case anymore(?). It seems that elements (at least tags) added inside the addition updater doesnt' cause further triggering of similar updaters.

Can anyone confirm or disprove this?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
augusto.goncalves
in reply to: ollikat

Hi,

This is not listed on the "Revit Platform API Changes and Additions.docx" for 2013, so if you believe anything changed, then we need to investigate deeper. Can you provide more information or sample code on it? Please don't share confidential information or, if you are a ADN member, then you can log a case.

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 3 of 4

Dear Olli,

Thank you for reporting this. I submitted a change request SPR #234298 [Updater difference between 2012/2013] on your behalf for further exploration.

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Message 4 of 4
ollikat
in reply to: jeremytammik

Any time Jeremy 🙂

I marked this as solved, although the issue stille exists, but in scope of this forum, this question is dealt now.

Thank you too!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community