Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create an interface between REVIT and another software

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Leon81
420 Views, 3 Replies

Create an interface between REVIT and another software

Hi everyone, I'm French, excuse me for my English Smiley Happy. I work in an office of MEP study. In cooperation with a software development company, we want to create an interface between REVIT and another software. We would like this software to come and get the relevant information in REVIT database (in a relational database) without REVIT user to have to export a file. We want to get an automatic process. So what are compatible tools to do this kind of operation with REVIT? I am not an expert in programming but I have found some tools that might solve my needs. Sorry if I talk nonsense, I thought to SQL Server, XML LANGUAGE, IFC format file or VBA macros. Thank you for your help.

Leon81

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DMadhuri
in reply to: Leon81

Hi Leon81,

Autodesk provides one such utility called Revit DBLink which might be helpful to the requireiment you described.

Hope it helps.

Message 3 of 4
tkornicki
in reply to: Leon81

Hello,

We are also interested in an interface for Revit project files in order to import Revit project files into another application. Preferably this interface should be in C#.

Does such an interface exist by now? Or is at least a file format specification for Revit project files available somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

Message 4 of 4
Dale.Bartlett
in reply to: tkornicki

As suggested, I think you need to look at Revit DBLink. This will give you some understanding of the database structure of the Revit project file. As far as importing into another application, refer to the IFC export and format. Dale

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community