Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Connected Conduits with Bend Radius

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
429 Views, 0 Replies

Changing Connected Conduits with Bend Radius

I'm fairly new to programming in Revit, but I think (hope) that I'm getting the hang of it.  I'm creating an addin for Revit that, at times, requires me to change the Bend Radius of a conduit fitting.  When I change the radius manually using the UI, the conduits connected are shortened in length and the start X,Y,Z's are adjusted automatically based on the fitting's 'Center To End' property.  I would like for the same thing to happen when doing it through the API.

However, when I change the radius using the API, after the transaction is committed, instead of adjusting the connected conduits as I would expect, Revit yells at me instead, making me aware that I now have to conduits that do connect to a fitting as they did; the error can't be ignored.  I'm left with the option to cancel the change or delete the conduit elements.

Is there an event or a connector object of some sort that I can use to reproduce my manual efforts automatically with the API?  

Thanks in advance.

BTW: I'm using Revit 2015

Regards, 

Runnin...

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community