Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change line style of geometry edges per view (Linework tool) ?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Scott_Wilson
837 Views, 7 Replies

Change line style of geometry edges per view (Linework tool) ?

I would like to find some way of changing the line style of a particular geometry edge in a view (Revit 2015). Basically I want functionality similar to Revit's standard Linework tool. Web searching lead me to Jeremy's blog where he mentions using View.CutLinePatternOverrideByElement (now obsolete in 2015), I suspect this (or its new replacement) wouldn't give me control at the edge level like the Linework tool does though.

Does anyone know how this could be done? My main use for this would be to set some edges of a wall as invisible, so a technique that can at least do that would be awesome.

I've been playing with filled regions and overlaying white-coloured annotation lines to do this, but it is far from ideal.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jeremytammik
in reply to: Scott_Wilson

Dear Scott,

I have passed on your query to the development team and will let you know as soon as I hear back from them.

Cheers, 

Jeremy

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Message 3 of 8
Scott_Wilson
in reply to: jeremytammik

Thanks Jeremy, much appreciated.

Message 4 of 8

Hej Jeremy,

Is there any followup on the API call to the linework function?

Steven

Message 5 of 8
maer6427
in reply to: steven.rowland

Hej Steven,

Think there are no access to the lineworks tool still, but you can use graphic overrides (like right click override graphics in view>>Element) if that helps your case.

Goodluck!

/Martin

Message 6 of 8

is there a result?

Message 7 of 8

I am not aware of any news on this. If this is still required, I would definitely suggest ensuring that a wish is registered in the Revit Idea Station and gathering lots of votes for it.

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Message 8 of 8
lionel.kai
in reply to: Scott_Wilson

I posted an Idea for this requested functionality here:

API access to Linework tool (get and set edge/line overrides) - Autodesk Community

Lionel J. Camara
BIM Manager at KAI Hawaii, Inc. - Structural and Forensic Engineers
Autodesk Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community