Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot start Revit 2015 for API debugging

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
zhangle
4304 Views, 3 Replies

cannot start Revit 2015 for API debugging

I have been working with Revit API for several versions but now I am having difficulties to debug with Revit 2015 API. 

The plugin I created seems to work fine with Revit 2015. But when I try to debug it in VS by pressing F5, I saw Revit starts and immediately exits. The VS Output window shows a 0xe06d7363 Microsoft C++ Exception. 

I googled this error but it seems to be very general and nothing relevant to this context. 

I am using VS2013 on Windows 7. Any ideas is appreciated. Thanks!

4-21-2014 3-28-30 PM.jpg 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
scottwilson3525
in reply to: zhangle

You need to switch Visual Studio back to the legacy debugger. I think Jeremy covered this on his blog a while back.

The setting you are after is called "Use Managed Compatibility Mode" and is found in the Tools -> Options -> Debugging menu of visual studio.

Message 3 of 4
zhangle
in reply to: scottwilson3525

You are absolutely right! Now it works as expected. 

Since your mention it, I now remember Jeremy's blog regarding this setting, and put the link here just in case anyone is interested: http://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/2013/11/debugging-revit-2014-api-with-visual-studio-2013.ht...

But it didn't refer the symptom I was seeing. 

Anyway, many thanks! 

Message 4 of 4

thank you for solving my long unsolved issue

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community