Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Button availability when group is being edited

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
MartinCerny
719 Views, 3 Replies

Button availability when group is being edited

Hello, I work on a small Addin and I'd like to be able to use it to modify elements in project. Everything works fine except the case when group editing is open. I'd like to be able to work with the elements within the group as well but buttons driving my external commands are automatically grayed out. I've tried to debug it and my implementations of IExternalCommandAvailability are not called at all when this happens (it works as expected in all other cases). Is there any place where I could force Revit to enable the buttons?

Thank you very much. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Martin

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
arnostlobel
in reply to: MartinCerny

Hello Martin (or Martine? 🙂

I have bad news for you. Revit does not allow executing of any external code (including external commands) when in an edit mode. That is in fact not limited to group edit mode; it applies to all edit modes with the exception of Stairs and Site edit modes if they are started (and will also be completed) from the API.
Arnošt Löbel
Message 3 of 4
MartinCerny
in reply to: arnostlobel

Hi Arnost,

Martine je spravne. Thanks for the reply. However, I hoped there might be a solution. Thanks anyway.

Martin

Pr?vn? informace: Tento e-mail a v?echny p?ipojen? soubory jsou d?v?rn? a mohou b?t chr?n?ny z?konem. Tento e-mail je ur?en pouze uveden?mu p??jemci a dal??m osob?m, kter? jsou jmenovit? uvedeny jako p??jemci. Jestli?e nejste opr?vn?n? p??jemce, pak jak?koliv forma zve?ejn?n?, kop?rovan?, distribuce nebo ???en? je zak?z?na.
Je nutn? tento e-mail tisknout? Myslete na ?ivotn? prost?ed?!
Message 4 of 4
daniel
in reply to: arnostlobel

Hi, 

have this changed any since 2014 ?? 

I am able to run my "automatic" addin code while editing groups, but still all external commands are disabled. 

I think this should be implemented soon, as the projects our customer handles grows, the usage of groupes grows! 

A lot of my addin functionality is needed inside groups! 

Daniel 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community