Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

...architecture of the reference "RevitAPI", "AMD64" - error

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
bthatcher
4001 Views, 5 Replies

...architecture of the reference "RevitAPI", "AMD64" - error

This is the 2nd time I have gotten this error. The first I was about done, didnt worry about it. This time, i've tried for several houres and i'm still getting the same errors? Hwat have I done to cause this and how can I fix it? Thansk.

"Warning 1 There was a mismatch between the processor architecture of the project being built "MSIL" and the processor architecture of the reference "RevitAPI", "AMD64". This mismatch may cause runtime failures. Please consider changing the targeted processor architecture of your project through the Configuration Manager so as to align the processor architectures between your project and references, or take a dependency on references with a processor architecture that matches the targeted processor architecture of your project. MEPsystem_03"

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
canadianbimbo
in reply to: bthatcher

Hi there,

Just came across this problem myself last night. I'm assuming you have Visual Studio 2012? Here's what I did that removed the warning:

With your project open, go to the BUILD menu, and all the way down to Configuration Manager.

There are two drop down menu settings at the top of the page, Active solution configuration (which should be set to Debug) and Active solution platform (which for me was set to "any CPU"). This is where the problem lies, but I don't know enough yet to be able to explain the nitty gritty of Why, just how to fix it.

Drop down the Platform menu, and select the "New" option.

This opens a new window. Select x64 from the "Type or select the new platform" dropdown.

Copy settings from Any CPU, and hit okay. 

This should now be set as your Active solution platform in the configuration manager window. The project configurations below should be 

*Your Project Name* - Debug - x64 for the Platform, Build checkbox yes, and deploy checkbox not.

Hit close, go back to the BUILD menu, and Build Solution again. This time it should run through clean with no warnings.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

CanadianBIMbo

Message 3 of 6

Thanks! Worked for me.
Message 4 of 6
spavlas
in reply to: canadianbimbo

Actually I have 2013 VS Pro Update 4...  These steps do not seem to work.  I am repairing 2013 as I type...

APINovice...

Message 5 of 6
bm.minhtuan
in reply to: canadianbimbo

thanks! i'm a newbie and it helped me !

Message 6 of 6
jeremytammik
in reply to: bthatcher

Check out these:

Cheers,

Jeremy

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community