Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDA Crashing when i build Macro

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Alisder.Brown
924 Views, 1 Reply

SDA Crashing when i build Macro

Hey all

I am new to Macro creation, just testing a few workflows before rolling out in the office.

I am using Revit 2016. I ensure "Enable Macro" is ticked for both Application and document beforehand. When i open up the macro manager, i click to create a module. Once i name it, SDA opens up, i get a message stating "The solution has been changed externally" (See Image 1) not too sure what this means so i just click to reload solution. I close the SDA window and back in Revit, i click to create a new macro inside the module, name it whatever and click ok, Takes me back into SharpDeveloper with the same message as before. I put in the macro, and when i click build i get an "Unhandled exception" error and SDA ends up crashing. (See image 2)

The macro is a simple export to DWG i took from a reliable source, so it should be okay (i have attached the text file of the macro). This same issue happens in any file, new or existing

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Dear Alisder,

Thank you for your query.

First of all, you should try to create and debug an empty macro, before adding any code to it.

Step through the empty macro in the SharpDevelop IDE debugger.

The empty macro will not do anything at all except prove that you can in fact successfully create and execute a macro.

To achieve this, the simplest approach might be to go to YouTube https://www.youtube.com and search for "Revit macro".

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community