Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Icons/Buttons collection?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
raunoveb
5014 Views, 3 Replies

Revit Icons/Buttons collection?

We are creating a plugin for Revit 2015 and since (nearly) nothing can work without buttons we'd like to create some. Creating the buttons and adding them to panels works automagically however for user to distinguish each button we'd like to have some icons on these buttons. There are two possible courses of action:

1. We create our own icons and everything

2. We use default Revit icons

Now... since we aim for the total immersion of our users we intended to use standard Revit icons so that users don't even feel like they have left the standard part of Revit and wandered into the magical land that is our plugin functionality. Thus here comes my question. Are these Revit standard icons available for download/use somewhere? If they already exist inside Revit installation then they are properly hidden because we failed to find them after a lengthy search.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
PhillipM
in reply to: raunoveb

Hi.

I managed to find them for my app Quick Menu - http://www.kcsl.biz/#!quick-menu/c1pec

They were found hidden in some of the dlls in the revit and shared Autodesk installation directories.

I dowloaded a free icon extraction program which searched and found them easily enough.  I can't remember the tool name but was easily googled on the net.

Good luck finding the icons 🙂

Cheers

Phillip.

Message 3 of 4
jeremytammik
in reply to: PhillipM

Dear Phillip,

Thank you for this useful information.

Would you care to share exactly which DLLs in the Tevit and shared Autodesk installation directories contain the icons?

Maarten @maartenvdlinden would like to know:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-api-forum/revit-ribbon-icons-pictograms/m-p/6824933

Cheers,

Jeremy

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Message 4 of 4
informatique
in reply to: jeremytammik

You can find most of them in Utility.dll and RevitUI.dll

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community