Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Dimension from an Extrusion

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mononull
1033 Views, 2 Replies

How to get Dimension from an Extrusion

I have a light fixture family made up of segments.  Each segment uses an Extrusion to connect two lamps from the center.  Each extrusion has a length parameter for setting the width of the extrusion.  Through the API, I find this value as a parameter on an object called <Sketch> when I edit the extrusion.  If the <Sketch> is selected the parameter will be listed as length.  This is what sets the width of the cylinder I have between the two lamps.

How to get this value through the API?  I can retreive the Start and End offsets from the Extrusion itself, but I cannot get this length parameter of <Sketch> for setting the width of the Extrusion.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Charles.Stokes
in reply to: mononull

I believe that is because the information you're looking for is not stored within the element of the extrution, but within the dimension itself.

Have a look through OST_Dimensions and you may find the value you seek...

Message 3 of 3
FAIR59
in reply to: mononull

Basically you want to change the profile of the Sketch , done manually by [ Edit Extrusion]  correct?

If it's your own family, why don't you build it right, with a labelled dimension for the length you want to change? That way, the change is simple, just a change of the value  for a  familyparameter.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community