Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid rebar in 3d view

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Gazzalp
2045 Views, 3 Replies

Solid rebar in 3d view

Is there a way to get structural rebar to always show “solid” in 3d views? Currently every time we model new reinforcement, we have to click on the rebar, view visibility states and then tick “view as solid”. It would be handy if this was a setting so it could default to always view as solid. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
lanl
in reply to: Gazzalp

Hi Gazzalp,

Currently, there is no setting in Reinforcement Settings dialog to make the rebar view as solid by default. After creating all rebars, you can select all rebar instance (use Filter under Selection panel) and set the visibility state to make all selected rebars view as solid.

I will report this as a function request to design team.

Meanwhile, I would also encourage you to log enchancement request with the link below when you think anything needed to be improved. Our product design team will read all the submitted forms.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Thanks for your feedback.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Lei Lan
Message 3 of 4
Nick_Antonov
in reply to: lanl

I see the response was ad old as 2015, The Global or Default View Visibility states , still hasn't been implemented in Ver.2020 , How difficult is to add this to Reinforcement settings? Its quite a irritation to go every time one adds a bar to change to Solid in 3D view..

Message 4 of 4
Nick_Antonov
in reply to: Nick_Antonov

I found a fellow user advised to create Dynamo scrips and run them , ones you need to update the visibility options..

https://blogs.autodesk.com/bim-and-beam/2016/11/06/rebar-detailing-visibility-in-revit/

I did followed the instructions and created 4 scripts..

Its a workaround but does not solve the problem the reason this posts were started for..

I am attaching the scrips if someone wants to use them..

I hope Autodesk listens..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report