Remote General Discussion

Remote General Discussion

Contributor
sburke
Message 1 of 2 (252 Views)

Where is the setting to not have it start with windows?

252 Views, 1 Replies
12-18-2013 01:30 PM

Why does autodesk do this.  I want to turn this on when "I" want to turn it on I don't need even more software slowing down my PC when I start.  I guess I'll have to rename the executable exccept when i want to turn it on.  Man what a PITA

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 2 (244 Views)

Re: Where is the setting to not have it start with windows?

12-19-2013 05:40 AM in reply to: sburke
First time using 'cloud' or 'remote' software? They all do that to be 'helpful' since most users appear to need help doing so. If this little program is slowing down your PC, you have much bigger issues that you should address instead.

Autodesk Remote runs in the background and minimizes to your Windows system tray. You should be able to disable it there by right-clicking on it and/or entering settings. OR you could uninstall Autodesk Remote by going to Programs>Uninstall programs.

Don't know where your Windows System Tray is? please ask.
Still can't find a way to do it? provide details of what you tried and ask again.

Your PC crippled by software pre-loading at startup? Get a real tool like the freeware CCLEANER and use it to shut down background apps that startup on a boot/restart of your system.

Good luck.
Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New Remote Category!

The Remote forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.