Community
Remote Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Remote Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Remote topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the setting to not have it start with windows?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
sburke
662 Views, 2 Replies

Where is the setting to not have it start with windows?

Why does autodesk do this.  I want to turn this on when "I" want to turn it on I don't need even more software slowing down my PC when I start.  I guess I'll have to rename the executable exccept when i want to turn it on.  Man what a PITA

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: sburke

First time using 'cloud' or 'remote' software? They all do that to be 'helpful' since most users appear to need help doing so. If this little program is slowing down your PC, you have much bigger issues that you should address instead.

Autodesk Remote runs in the background and minimizes to your Windows system tray. You should be able to disable it there by right-clicking on it and/or entering settings. OR you could uninstall Autodesk Remote by going to Programs>Uninstall programs.

Don't know where your Windows System Tray is? please ask.
Still can't find a way to do it? provide details of what you tried and ask again.

Your PC crippled by software pre-loading at startup? Get a real tool like the freeware CCLEANER and use it to shut down background apps that startup on a boot/restart of your system.

Good luck.
Message 3 of 3
LaneLizard
in reply to: pendean

I'm in the same boat. I don't use it very often and don't need yet another app running while I'm working. It also slows down start up and it's just one more thing I have to minimize/close 200 times for every time I actually use it.

I know exactly where my system try is and if you had actually tried what you recommended, you'd know that there is no setting there to stop it from loading on startup.

I for one found your response not very helpful and a bit heavy on condescension and light on useful informatiion.

Anyone else got anything helpful with regard to preventing this program from loading on startup?

Thanks,

Robert.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report