Community
Remote Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Remote Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Remote topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
edarmstrong6916
932 Views, 3 Replies

Unable to connect

Autodesk Remote installed and logged in fine on both remote & office computers, but cannot connect.  When I select the "connect" button, it tries but eventually times out.  Tried logging off and back on on both machines.  Autodesk 360 is up and running & logged in.  I use GoToMyPC, which connects just fine through the firewalls.  I've also tried adjusting firewall ports to open those specified on the office firewall.  Can Autodesk Remote & GoToMyPC both be running, if GoToMyPC is not connected?  

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
asburyj
in reply to: edarmstrong6916

Hi Edgar and welcome to the forum. Usually the issue you are encountering is connectivity related. The following ports must not be explicitly blocked on either the local machine or any intervening firewall between the local machine and the internet (for both host and client machines):

• 8090 - 8300 UDP Used for client to host communications,
  • 7182 UDP
  • 8080 - 8090 TCP (outgoing) 
  • 80, 443 TCP (outgoing) Used for HTTP and HTTPS communications
    Ensure the following domains are not blocked for HTTPS:
    *.otoy.com
    *.webcl.com
    *.otoyserver.com

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 4
jggerth1
in reply to: asburyj

And that sorta begs the question:  Who is Otoy, and why on earth should I (or anyone) trust them with anything?  looking at their web site, they have a single rendering product for sale -- it might be a great rendering engine, but i see no correlation between that and network security or confidentiality.

Especially give the news that Adobe, presumably a larger company with more resources available for their network (Creative Cloud) was hacked and wide open for some months, with the compromise not only the companies source code, but nearly three million customer records, including logins and credit card informaiton.

I have no business relationship with them, and trust is not transitive.  So - who are they, why are they in the loop? why does remote access to a desktop require opening up to a third party?

Message 4 of 4
asburyj
in reply to: jggerth1

OTOY is the company operating the servers that Autodesk Remote makes it's connection through. 

Jeffry Asbury

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report