Community
Remote Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Remote Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Remote topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing could not be turned on.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Slawomir.Drazkiewicz
1242 Views, 8 Replies

Sharing could not be turned on.

Hi,

I have finally installed Autodesk Remote on my computer (I had to turn off my AntyVirus program to finish installation). I logged in to my A360 account and I try to share my desktop. I always get this information.

Przechwytywanie.PNG

I tried over 30 times, and twice I turned on sharing succesfully. But when I tried to connect from iPad connection was lost. Now, trying on 3 different networks (2 corporation networks and 1 hot spot) I can't turn on sharing my dekstop, or it works very rare.

Support please.

Regards,

Sławek

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

I get the same thing...any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 9
asburyj
in reply to: dorindarose9003

Hi Salwik,

The most common cause for this kind of error is that the service is unable to connect due to a firewall or other network restriction The following ports must not be explicitly blocked on either the local machine or any intervening firewall between the local machine and the internet (for both host and client machines):

• 8090 - 8300 UDP Used for client to host communications,
  • 7182 UDP
  • 8080 - 8090 TCP (outgoing) 
  • 80, 443 TCP (outgoing) Used for HTTP and HTTPS communications
    Ensure the following domains are not blocked for HTTPS:
    *.otoy.com
    *.webcl.com
    *.otoyserver.com

Jeffry Asbury
Message 4 of 9

I scan my ports and here are the logs:

Open ports for:

*.otoy.com (21, 80, 443):

http://wklej.org/id/1139943/

*.webcl.com (21, 80, 443):

http://wklej.org/id/1139981/
*.otoyserver.com (Failed to resolve):

http://wklej.org/id/1139985/

Regards,

Slawek

Message 5 of 9

Did you open all the Ports mentioned by Jeff?

Jon

Jon Dean

Message 6 of 9

Hi,

I turned off my firewall, so all my ports were open. I also turned off my AntiVir, and then I've tried to run Autodesk Remote. It still doesn't work. Please see the screen. I can't do nothing more.

Offtopic: In next month, I'm going to present this tool to all polish VARs. It will be nice if it will be working fine. I also talked with polish Autodesk application engineers and it doesn't work on their computers too...

Message 7 of 9

Have you found any resolution to this error?  I'm having the same issue.

Message 8 of 9

Unfortunately - no. There was no support from Autodesk, so I uninstall this tool and forget about it.

Message 9 of 9

If the ports and domains mentioned earlier are open as far as you can tell there may be a antivirus of security software blocking remote. I recently encountered a case where Autodesk Remote would not connect until the Trend Micro Antivirus software was disabled on a client. 

Jeffry Asbury

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report