Community
Remote Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Remote Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Remote topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

menu is write protected after using autodesk remote

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
andrew.nao
482 Views, 6 Replies

menu is write protected after using autodesk remote

I posted this in the AutoCAD 2013/2014 DWG Format discussion as well... i install autodesk remote to try it out from home. when i went to my office to the actual work station i rebooted my machine and now im getting a popup box that says my menu file is write protected. i uninstalled the file, and rebooted my machine and im still getting this warning that my menu is write protected,. no other work station is getting this error, the menu file is a shared file running off a network and no other versions exists on my hard drive. does anyone have a clue how i can fix this?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: andrew.nao

Did you disconnect at home or leave this app running? Sounds like you did the latter.
Actually turn off the REMOTE app to disconnect and the problem should go away.

This problem does not exist with 3rd party remote access apps: try them out and compare if you think you really need this type of access (or ask your IT for VPN access which requires no additional software).
Message 3 of 7
andrew.nao
in reply to: pendean

the app isnt running, its not even installed anymore on either the workstation or the ipad and im still getting the warning that my menu is write protected. does this leave something behind after its been removed? im not looking not do i need to run 3rd party remote access apps. i just wanted to try this out.
Message 4 of 7
pendean

Find the file at it's source and try to discover why it's locked then: it may be as simple as your AutoCAd session is pointing elsewhere for the CUIx file.
Message 5 of 7
andrew.nao
in reply to: pendean

no sir, its not pointing elsewhere. there is only 1 .cuix file. its located on a network. 5 other stations access it as well and they have no issues with it. when those work stations are shut down and mine being the only one accessing it, i still get a write protected warning when my work station is turned on, being the first one to access that file, i still get a write protection warning.
Message 6 of 7
dgorsman

Is the CUIx being loaded as or under the Enterprise?  I've had non-Remote conditions where AutoCAD tries to update the CUIx file, but can't since the Enterprise "tree" is read-only by design if not in fact.  I haven't been able to track down exactly *what* is trying to be changed - it could be as simple as an icon update.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 7 of 7
andrew.nao
in reply to: dgorsman

no, my menu is loaded as the main menu

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report