Community
Remote Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Remote Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Remote topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Remote Connected but no screen?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
BenoitLarocque000
1261 Views, 12 Replies

Autodesk Remote Connected but no screen?

Hi I've just installed Autodesk Remote on 2 computers and on my iPad.

it seem to work well and connect well but when I connect on one of the 2 computers (my HP laptop for instance) I get a white screen on the ipad instead of the desktop. When I connect to my Alienware, I can see the desktop.

I can see on the HP that i am connected because when I hit the "Window" button on the iPad, I can see the windows menu pop up on the HP. But I still have a White screen on the iPad.

Despite that little problem, It seem to be a great tool.

Regards!

Benoit Larocque

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
masureb
in reply to: BenoitLarocque000

Hello Benoît,

I've got exactly the same issue with my laptop (HP EliteBook 8570W) and cannot solve this issue...

Cheers,
Bertrand
“https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png”
Message 3 of 13

Based on what I saw, I think that there may be a relation with the "OS" language. My Alienware (the one that works with the Remote application) has an English version of Windows 7.  My Hp (the one which doesn't work with remote) has a french version of Windows 7.

Regards!

Benoit Larocque

Message 4 of 13
masureb

Thanks for the tip... My workstation gets an OS in French too 😉

I will reformat an old Lenovo Workstation and see if I could play with Autodesk Remote.

Merci Mec 😉

Bertrand

“https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png”
Message 5 of 13
BenoitLarocque000
in reply to: masureb

Hi Bertrand,

To me, it seem that Autodesk will have to look at this Os Language related issue.

Salut!

Benoit

Message 6 of 13
masureb

For your information, I install Win8 in English and it works like a charm!

I forward this issue to the support team because it seems related to the French OS...

Thanks anyway.

Bertrand

Message 7 of 13
BenoitLarocque000
in reply to: masureb

Thanks / Merci !

Benoit Larocque
Message 8 of 13
schmiej

Thank you for the French OS feedback, we are looking into the issue.
Message 9 of 13
andred

Hi,

I try remote desktop on my destop PC and laptop. I'm using on both Win7 64 bits in French. When I try to connect to my desktop the remote desktop screen stay black. It seem to be connected,  because I test it side by send and when I type ctrl-shift-del, I see my desktop screen unlock and wait for my password, but I see anything from my laptop. I try with diffrent resolution (native on both PC are 1920 X 1080) with no success.

Any solutions?

Regards,

André

Message 10 of 13
pendean
in reply to: andred

is the Desktop PC 'awake'? From your description alone it did not start yet.
Message 11 of 13
andred
in reply to: pendean

Hi Dean,

The desktop is running and the sharing is enable. When I try to connect from my laptop, if the desktop is lock the screen change to ask for the password, but from my laptod i see anything, the screen is always black.

Regards,

André
Message 12 of 13
lucdoucet_msdl
in reply to: andred

I'm experiencing the same problem with two windows 7 64bit french OS versions.

Can anyone confirm this is a language specific (french) problem or are non-english versions of windows not supported in Autodesk Remote?

Thanks,

Luc

Message 13 of 13

A limited number of languages have this issue.  We are looking at addressing this in the next release.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report