Community
Remote Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Remote Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Remote topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advantages of AutoDesk Remote over RDP and other remote access?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
greg_francis2
892 Views, 2 Replies

Advantages of AutoDesk Remote over RDP and other remote access?

I haven't downloaded or tested AutoDesk Remote yet. Before I consider it for our network, I have a couple of questions:

1) Does AutoDesk Remote only provide access to AutoDesk products or is it basically similar to an RDP session with full desktop access?

2) What are the authentication requirements?

3) Is it basically using the AutoDesk ID to link back to the source workstation?

4) Is a Mac client in the works?

The product sounds intriguing but at the same time it seems like a potential intrusion gateway.

Thanks,

Greg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: greg_francis2

It's just like all other RDP out there, and just as 'secure'.
Message 3 of 3
asburyj
in reply to: greg_francis2

1) Does AutoDesk Remote only provide access to AutoDesk products or is it basically similar to an RDP session with full desktop access?

The session created with Autodesk Remote grants you access to your whole system similar or other remote desktop applications

2) What are the authentication requirements?

Remote uses your autodesk account, currently on subscription, to login. 

3) Is it basically using the AutoDesk ID to link back to the source workstation?

You login with your Autodesk ID to a centralized server. You can access all your other systems logged in with that same account providing you have turned sharing on in the Remote App. 

4) Is a Mac client in the works?

We have no infomation about a Mac client at this time. 

Jeffry Asbury

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report