Community
ReMake Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReMake Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReMake topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remake won't start with student license

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
ksphotography
2135 Views, 16 Replies

Remake won't start with student license

Hello,

when i install the student version of Remake i get the error: "Download the newest version of Autodesk Remake". But i'm shure, that i installed the latest version. When i install the trial version, it works fine but i can't activate my students license in there.

Would be great if someon with the same problem could help me.

Kevin

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Hi, i believe this is related to the topic covered in this post. http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/remake-forum/edu-license-users-please-continue-using-remake-version-17...  please check out , try and let us know? many thanks!

Message 3 of 17

I dont believe the two issues are related and I am encountering the same issue. 

I cannot run remake because it asks me to download the latest version, which is already installed, the forum post you link to contains a link to an older version of remake...which i downloaded and installed, when I ran it....it too requested that I get with the program and, "download the latest version of remake"...so I downloaded the newest version again and installed it, again, and again I was prompted to download the newest version...This cycle repeated itself endlessly for hours...

Please help, this cycle of shame is brutal on my psyche, I'm trying to get the latest and greatest, but I can't keep up...I just want to work with t-splines...

Message 4 of 17
gerald_chin
in reply to: ksphotography

Hi Kevin and Josh,

May I know which version of ReMake is currently installed on your system?

Our latest version is v17.25.0.16

Instructions on how to check the version is in the attachment below. Click on 'about' to retrieve the version of ReMake that you are using.

check_Version_instruction1.pngcheck_Version_instruction2.png

Cheers,

Gerald Chin

Cheers,
Gerald Chin
Senior User Experience Designer,
Autodesk Vault
Message 5 of 17
josh.rogcon
in reply to: gerald_chin

Its the latest version...when I try to run it...it sends me to

up.autodesk.com/2017/MMNTO/ReMake_1725016_Win64_dlm.sfx.exe

Which i install and attempt to run...when I try to run it...it sends me to

up.autodesk.com/2017/MMNTO/ReMake_1725016_Win64_dlm.sfx.exe

round and round...

Message 6 of 17
dbonetti
in reply to: josh.rogcon

Having the exact same problem.

Message 7 of 17
dbonetti
in reply to: dbonetti

found a work around.  I just uninstalled and reinstalled the older version:  http://up.autodesk.com/2017/MMNTO/ReMake_17.23.1.69_Win64.sfx.exe

When I launch the old version it asks to upgrade and I just close the window asking to upgrade and I am able to use the software.

Message 8 of 17
josh.rogcon

Really wish that worked for me...

Could this be an issue with the license?  Could it be an issue that I have fusion 360 installed?  When I check the autodesk desktop app it shows I have a serial number and what not...what gives?

getting sads...

Message 9 of 17
brutonstroube
in reply to: josh.rogcon

That technique won't work for me either. is there a trick? If I try to close the window so it does not open the latest version, it just closes. it forces you to update but the update doesn't work. 

Message 10 of 17
Brainpain75

Same issue. 

Message 11 of 17

Working now. I downloaded the older version from the link provided, installed and attempted to open. I got the same error asking me to download the newest version. I then downloaded the newest version. When I got to the install window warning me of a previous version, instead of uninstalling it myself, I clicked Install and it uninstalled the previous version and installed the new version. Good to go now. 

Message 12 of 17
josh.rogcon
in reply to: Brainpain75

IT WORKED!

Message 13 of 17
brcosta

Good idea but did you close the new intallation window?

Message 14 of 17
Jalstea

A workaround 

I downloaded the trial version - the install file that isn't on the education site - the install file that is on the remake site itself

Once I installed that version - I input my education serial number and product code 

It is now working - with Ultra resolution available to use

Jeff

Message 15 of 17
tralewski

same problem

Message 16 of 17
tralewski
in reply to: Jalstea

Hmm. The ultra resolution is locked for me

Message 17 of 17
brcosta
in reply to: Jalstea

bruno

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report