Community
ReMake Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReMake Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReMake topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OBJ won't open in Blender

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
richardemery839
1439 Views, 3 Replies

OBJ won't open in Blender

I have exported a file as an OBJ and it exports ok along with 2 jpg files (I'm assuming I have to UV unwrap these) but the OBJ file won't open in Blender - my software of choice. It just shows up as an orange dot.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi @richardemery839,

are you sure you model is not offset somewhere far away from the 0 and hence you do not see it in viewport? Are you able to open it in Remake on in other 3D editing softwares?

Cheers,

V.

"Nothing is impossible if you can imagine it" Prof. Cubert J. Farnsworth
Message 3 of 4

Hi Valerio. Thanks for your response and sorry for the delay in replying. Actually someone from Blender forum told me to set geometry to origin and it worked. The model did open in Remake but needs a lot of work and as it's my first I have decided to make something a little simpler first before trying something so hard. I am new to photogrammetry but determined to make it work. Richard.

Message 4 of 4

Hi @richardemery839,

happy you solved the problem tho'!

Good luck and be patient, photogrammetry needs a little bit of practice but eventually you will be able to do amazing things!

Cheers,

V.

"Nothing is impossible if you can imagine it" Prof. Cubert J. Farnsworth

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report