Community
ReMake Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReMake Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReMake topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New updated builds posted - Windows v17.25.0.16, Mac v117.25.67

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
TatjanaDzambazova
1092 Views, 7 Replies

New updated builds posted - Windows v17.25.0.16, Mac v117.25.67

We just pushed out a new build for both Windows v17.25.0.16 as well as Mac v117.25.67 with few bug fixes and small updates.

You can find the links to the downloads here http://remake.autodesk.com/try-remake

Updated features / improvements:

1. Updates to the coordinate axis alignment during export, to make the export orientation more controllable and predictable: 

- For advanced export, display grid with coordinate axes aligned to WCS if 'World' is selected. Align to UCS if 'Scene' is selected.

- For quick export, display grid with coordinate axes aligned to the UCS ( free users only have access to setting UCS and not WCS).

- ‘Y’ axis checkbox was added in the Advanced export. (When checked, the y & z axes will swap and the y axis will be the normal vector of the grid)

- Coordinates now also have X Y and Z labels for easier understanding the orientation of the model prior to export

2. Quick export for Project Play http://play-docs.autodesk.com/sample_projects/ . This will prepare the models in size and texture for ideal viewing and use in Project Play (150k Model size, 4k Texture OBJ export). 

Bug fixes

In this release we fixed various instability bugs as well as the missing texture during export bug that was due to the presence of special characters in the folder path of the ReMake file.    

Business Model updates

Number of photos / updates to the bus. model. In this release we are officially closing the promotional period that allowed users with FREE accounts to process 250 images and are moving to the following model:

1. TRIAL users – remains unchanged – users can enjoy 250 images reconstructions and the full PRO version without any limitations for 15 days

1. FREE users – 50 images max, Standard Quality of processing

1. STUDENTS and EDU – no changes. Image limit 250, Quality of reconstruction: Standard, the rest of the features are NOT limited.

enjoy, Happy Holidays and let us know if you have any questions!

your ReMake team

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Do you have any plans on updating the speed?

RealityCapture builds so much faster than Remake.

Currently (despite horrible GUI and higher price) RealityCapture is more fun. 

I can build my model with  hundreds of photos in around 1 hour while Remake takes 10 or more hours for the same work.

Message 3 of 8

Edit: nevermind, just needed to enter the license again and now I have 250 pics again.

Message 4 of 8

Hello Tatjana

My ReMake (educational), that I was using since one month, has a major bug, it doesn’t work any more, all the meshes are visible on the dashbord when I open Remake, but when I open a mesh from the Dashbord, the dashord disappears, then the file is opened after a long while, but I can not work on it.
I desinstalled remake and installed it again today but it keeps blocked. (working on Mac 10.10)
I also had a problem recently when exporting an image in high res 8192 pixels, the soft did bug totally the computer and I had to restart ! I tried this 3 times, no way to export high res images.

Any other people have the same problem ?

Thanks
Brigitte

Message 5 of 8

Is this application abandoned? No-one of the admins reply here.

Message 6 of 8

This build crashes and now I can't launch the program

Message 7 of 8

Following the new build (Mac v117.25.67) the program is inoperable. Running on Mac 10.10. Even after signing in to my account, all of my projects are grayed out. Clicking the editor button brings up menu options, but they are on top of the dashboard. Opening a remake file from my desktop opens the model about 1 in 10 times, but none of the controls work. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times.

Is anyone experiencing similar issues / are there any recommendations to resolve? 

Message 8 of 8
brigitte.zieger
in reply to: rsieg577

Hi,

I guess we have the same problem. Looks similar.

In fact I think the program is not completely uninstalled and keeps some preferences of the bug in the system.

There is a trick to be able to work with the soft. I did create a new session on the computer and could open the program from there. It works perfectly !

So this proves that the problem does not come from the computer but from the program Remake.

Does Autodesk work on that ? Would be nice to get an uninstall program to clear the system.

Brigitte

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report