Community
ReMake Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReMake Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReMake topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple camera rig doesn't show the correct camera positions

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Gravitybun
492 Views, 5 Replies

Multiple camera rig doesn't show the correct camera positions

Hi,

I'm currently using Memento while waiting for the Mac version of Remake to be released. I've had some very good success with object capture using a single camera and multiple camera angles.

I have now completed a multiple camera rig consisting of 24 DSLRs evenly positioned around the subject and have come across an odd problem. The software seems to place all 24 cameras on the same side of the object, creating a very strange build.

Please let me know if there's a solution to this problem. Is there something that should be done to the cameras prior to importing into the software? Can markers be added to the software or the subject? Can the camera angles be adjusted/corrected during processing?

I'm including a screen grab of the completed model showing the camera positions.Kosmo Multiple Camera issue.jpg

Thanks,

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi Gravitybun!

do you mind sending a picture of your setup and maybe share the model? if you dont want to share it with everyone, you can send it to me tatjana.dzambazova@autodesk.com

thanks!
tanja

Message 3 of 6

Hi Tanja,

I'd love to show you my set up. I'll send some photos to you directly of our setup with a description of what I think I'm doing wrong and what changes I'm making. It would be a huge help.

Brian

Message 4 of 6

Hi again,

I'm having issues trying to join my 2 accounts so that I no longer have any confusion between signing up with Autodesk and through Facebook. I'm also unable to share from the Mac version of Memento to the ReMake Gallery so that I can share the issues I'm currently having.

I will be adding additional cameras to my current rig but the software continues to place all the cameras on one side of the model as opposed to all around as they are in the rig. Also, can you explain why not all the images are used in a given rendering? It can range from 7 to 24 in a set of 24 uploaded images.

Brian

Message 5 of 6
infinitetechs
in reply to: Gravitybun

I have noticed in all my attempts to use ReMake so far that it seems to have allot of geometry issues. Specifically, I am using a spinning mount, I have added graph paper and calibration marks around the sides with stationary lights and a sandbagged tripod, then raise and lower camera and tilt for angle/height changes. So far at best I get a similar result to what you show, and I notice that it seems to think my camera is moving around allot more that it is. What I mean is, the camera is stationary on the X and Y axis and is only raised and lowered, then tilted and two two distinct locations.

The camera locations it is calculating shift laterally from the actual location. I added 4 color dots at 45% angles on the outside of the rotation platform and numbers spaced evenly to try and help with a reference. After adding that I am not getting results similar to yours. They are useless but at least now I can see part of what I want in the textures. I am wondering if the latest version has some geometry changes because from what I have seen on YouTube the previous Free 123 app worked allot better and was not very picky about images.

Message 6 of 6
Gravitybun
in reply to: infinitetechs

I'm working with a 52 camera rig, all cameras set the same. I've found that the builds are not consistent but the results are improving. I've added and removed markers, first using the ones that Autodesk supplied and then using an alphabet the base (Walmart rug) and around the walls of the rig.

The way I describe it is that if ReMake can build it your model will come. I found that the best results started when having a test subject on a Christmas decorated box. The idea being that if ReMake can build the box it can build what ever is on the box.

I've varied the markers a lot. I have most recently found that having the cameras in a consistent matrix worked best so with your spinning rig I would suggest having the distance/angle between camera shots be the same, both vertically and horizontally.

My current issue seems to be lower angled cameras getting confused by the top of the rig, that these cameras can see farther and can't figure out what's outside of the 10' rig. My current plans are to make a taller rig enclosure so that the cameras don't have anything else to confuse them.

Hope that helps a bit. I've found that I've had to figure out what works myself and to keep things consistent so don't zoom the lens at all but it's OK to move the camera in and out.

Please let me know more about your setup, what camera, what settings. I don't know if I can help but I'm more than willing to give you my ideas.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report