Community
ReMake Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReMake Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReMake topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mesh overlays

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
andrew091267
459 Views, 2 Replies

Mesh overlays

Hi Forum I have a situation where i would like overlay two meshes of a similar product but made by different manufacturers to see the geometric differences. I would like to know if auto desk has software to achieve this or if anyone knows of software that may do this. I currently use recap 360, remake, inventor and auto cad. I am seeing if there is a better solution than modeling another product then starting a different assembly in the inventor software if i dont have to. All opinions and help would be greatly appreciated 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ValerioRizzo
in reply to: andrew091267

Hi @andrew091267,

Remake Pro and Educational have both a tool for Difference Analysis. You can find it in the Action Menu > Analyze > Compare Two models.This tool analyzes the volumetric differences among two models in a given range of confidence and returns the result in form of a termal map. It is useful for tracking changes of captured object over time or comparision between as designed (CAD) and as made and than scanned objects. Also, you can define the range that is of your interest as well as the tolerance value.

I hope this helped.

Cheers,

V.

"Nothing is impossible if you can imagine it" Prof. Cubert J. Farnsworth
Message 3 of 3
andrew091267
in reply to: ValerioRizzo

Hi ValerioRizzo Thank you for the reply i think you have solved the issue i will give it a try and see what results i get.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report