Community
ReMake Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReMake Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReMake topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loading scans in to remake

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
sholtmaat
356 Views, 2 Replies

loading scans in to remake

Hello Everyone, 

is it possible to load scans in to remake and the convert to a mesh? 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ronvangrinsven
in reply to: sholtmaat

Hello Scholtmaat,

the answer to your question is as follow.

The best way to creat meshes from an object is to create scans and load these in ReCap A360. There is a function within ReCap A360 to creat meshes from scans. the best way to reach this is:

- isolate the desired object,
- go to top view, create a fence with the fnece tool around the object and select Clip outside
- go to data services, object mesh
 - give the object a name, select the desired mesh quality en select RCM (remake file format)
 - the object is created in your A360 drive

Remake

the best way to create a usefull object is to decimate polygons
you do not want to decimate your original RCM file, so you need to export your model and set the polygons there. your original file is not be effected.

there is no tool within ReMake to create meshes directly in Remake based on scans. Only way to create 3d object is based on photos. it called create 3D.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Kind regards, Ron van Grinsven
Cadac Group AEC BV
Consultant AEC

Message 3 of 3
ronvangrinsven
in reply to: sholtmaat

Hi Scholmaat

I didn't get any answer if the solution works for you.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Kind regards, Ron van Grinsven
Cadac Group AEC BV
Consultant AEC

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums