Community
ReMake Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReMake Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReMake topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Educational account not setup correctly on AutoDesk side

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
d__m
844 Views, 10 Replies

Educational account not setup correctly on AutoDesk side

For the last week, I have not been able to get anyone on the chat to help - they always say they need to escalate to another department, which later emails back and says they are also not the correct ones to help - try a forum.

All I want to do is use ReMake (in the cloud for rendering).  I realize I might need cloud credits to continue to use it in some fashion do to the neutering of the educational product license in Dec 2016.  Educational user can not access ULTRA mode after activation of the latest version of the software.  I would like to use ULTRA mode with my Educational Account, otherwise I will move on, because other companies have a similar offering with less pain in setting up the program.

Here is the problem.  I can not purchase cloud credits via these instructions: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to...

When I log in I do not have that Reporting icon with Get Cloud Credits option.  I have a Reporting icon, I do not have Anything related to credits.  Even when I click on  View my cloud credits   it shows me Cloud Services Usage  - which shows - Free 5GB - That storgae not Credits.

I have the gut feeling that my "education perpetual  single-user  Standalone" license for ReMake and my Autodesk account are not correctly set up somewhere on the Autodesk backend.

I also wanted to use ReCap 360 Pro - on PC, and when opening up the program, I can not start any projects because I do not have at lest 5 Cloud Credits.  ??

When I log into my AutoDesk account, and select Trials, it shows me that I have Cloud Services - Rendering credits  25 Available and 0 Used.  I can click on the Access Now link, get sent to rendering.360.autodesk.com  and no where there does it show any Credit Balance.  Shouldn't these 25 credits be used for ReCap 360, and possibly ReMake online processing??

Per various places in the knowledgebase, shouldn't there be some sort of first time user setup Free Credits gievn after signing into various accounts/software accounts?  I'm guessing that's the 25 mentioned in RENDERING, but can't make sense of it.

Something is not correct here, I need someone from AutoDesk to look into my account specifically and address what ever issue it is.

I await direct contact from someone in AutoDesk - from the Helpful Desk, so that I can get this mess straightened out.

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Otto
in reply to: d__m

Hello pienkosd and welcome to the Autodesk community!

It looks like you're trying to create an Autodesk Cloud account. With an Autodesk 360 account you can view and edit 2D and 3D designs, create 3D models from photos, share and edit files with others, and much more.

Please follow the steps below to create your account:

1. Go to https://360.autodesk.com
2. Click on Create an Account
3. Complete the web form and accept the license agreement
4. Hit Submit

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" link, below. Taking a moment to do this will help others with similar questions find useful answers. Thank you!

Kudos (click on the link or the "thumbs-up!" icon), are also gratefully received! (Even a bot likes praise.)

If this answer missed the mark, please let us know so that other community members can lend a hand. Any additional details might help, too: consider including relevant screenshots, log files, error messages, or system specs.

I'm a software-based HelpBot, designed to provide the information you need to get up and running with Autodesk products—any time, day or night. Your feedback will help train me to deliver more accurate and helpful answers. Thanks in advance! Also, please note that I'm only set up to respond to the first post of a topic, not to any replies. Thank you!

Helpful links: Find Serial Numbers and Product Keys | Find Downloads and Service Packs | Activate Autodesk software
Message 3 of 11
d__m
in reply to: Otto

Like I said - I await a response from someone in the Helpful Desk - not the bot.  I already have an account set up, at that URL, and the set up is the problem. 

.... waiting for a human from AutoDesk to reply ...

Message 4 of 11
lynn_zhang

Hi @d__m Welcome to Autodesk Community!

Sorry to hear you're having issue with your educational account. I see you have contacted us to report the cloud credits issue. We have created Support Case #: 12548838 and our Education Support team is working on the issue. They will respond to you via email. Thanks for your patience!

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 5 of 11
d__m
in reply to: lynn_zhang

Here's the response I received, an NO it does not address the issue.

//////

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Could you please confirmed whether you have downloaded and activated latest version of the product. If not, we recommend you to do so.

Also refer the attachment to know how to gain additional Cloud Credits.

Hope this helps.  

//////

Yes I have downloaded and activated the most recent software - that's the problem - it's after activating it that the ULTRA feature was removed, and since initial installation and AutoDesk account creation, I do not have an area in my account at AutoDesk that shows any information about cloud credits, nor any way to buy them as is incorrectly stated in the document from the help desk, nor the YouTube video how to that is so often cited as the answer in the forums.

See my attachments:  "ReMake-version.jpg"  and   "ReMake1,jpg"  for what my end looks like. 

See attached screenshot   "ReMake-credits1.jpg"    from the document that was emailed to me from "Support" regarding their 2015 Activate to gain additional Cloud Credits Word Document.  ... I believe ReMake was not around in 2015 - and my ReMake application does not appear at all like what was in the support document.  And support closed the case after sending me that outaded document.

Let's try this again....

Message 6 of 11
natasha.l

Hello @d__m,

So sorry about that. You are supposed to be able to view cloud credits. Are you a Contract Manager or Software Coordinator, cloud credits can only be purchased by a Contract Manager or Coordinators. Please review the following article Purchasing Cloud Credits explaining more. 

I can move this post to the Remake forum to see how they obtain and view their credits. 

Please let me know if this helped. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 11
d__m
in reply to: natasha.l

Thanks for your response. Don't move this post anywhere until someone let's me know how I am coded on the AutoDesk side.  If my type of license is wrong, credits will never get purchased correctly, nor applied correctly.  First things first - fix account problem.

I am an end user, that signed up for an Academic Licesnse directly with AutoDesk.  My University was not on the list of universities during sign up (so I my be user number 1 using AutoDesk at my location? - but that's for AutoDesk to tell me), but someone from Support sent me an aknowldegement during signup and activation with University ID numbers.  

Please see the attached screen shots from my AutoDesk account.  The link you sent me is of no good.  See my original post, that includes the same URL, and my explaination why it does not help me.  See the attached for what I see - which does not relate to what I should see in order to have a normal academic account.

To reitterate, when I click on "View my Cloud Credits" it sends me to Cloud Storage page - see screenshot    AutoDeskacct3.JPG

I continue to request that someone from AutoDesk take my user ID and check how I am coded on your end.  

I will DM you my username - Please then tell me how I am coded.

Thanks.

Message 8 of 11
d__m

@natashal84  

I can not send you a DM:    "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Click your browser's Back button to continue."

And I can not respond to your "noreply" email address either.

So now what, open another Ticket?  so I can enter my userid in there, and hopefully someone can contact you?

??

Message 9 of 11
devangshah

Hello d_m,

Could you please send me your contact details (name, telephone number, email id registered with Autodesk and EDU serial number) at devang.shah@autodesk.com ?

I will forward these to the required individuals at Autodesk who can take a look at how your user management (contract) account is set to know the exact cause of the issue with the account and provide a fix subsequently.

Regards,

Devang

Message 10 of 11
d__m
in reply to: devangshah

Hi Devang,

Thanks.  Check your email,

Regards,
D

Message 11 of 11
lulianjamont

Is there any way others can resolve this if they have the same issue?

I have an educational licence and can't see anywhere to purchase credits as the original post has described.

Thanks for any help.

Julian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report