Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Autodesk ReCap Deployments

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
gregamhale
420 Views, 2 Replies

Updating Autodesk ReCap Deployments

I've created an Autodesk ReCap network deployment from the BDS Ultimate Suite and want to update the deployment with the service packs I've downoaded the service packs from the list of hotfixes and service packs, but nothing seems to work.  Is there a way to apply service packs to the deployment or is it better to download the latest version and install.  I've used the application manager successfully, but don't see it as a solution for an office-wide deployment.  We don't want average users distracted by install updates, let alone actually installing them.  

I'm also looking for the latest download file to install.  The only method that seems available is to do the download/install which doesn't provide something that I cad distribute.  What I want is an executable of the latest ReCap install that I can use for a deployment.  It's simply not feasable for every user to download and install every update.  

Any help is appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
vidanom
in reply to: gregamhale

Hi,

You can download the latest 1.4 version from this page:

http://www.autodesk.com/products/recap/free-trial and share.

Thank you,

Mitko

Message 3 of 3
gregamhale
in reply to: vidanom

Thanks for the reply on this Mitko.

Not quite the answer I was looking for, but it will have to do.  As the use of Autodesk ReCap becomes more and more popular, Autodesk will need to cater to office environments where software deployments and updates are managed.  The Application manager is useful, but it is simply not appropriate within an office environment where many people would be duplicating the effort of downloading and updating a single piece of software.  Appropriate service packs are necessary, as with all of the other Autodesk products.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report