Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble importing fls files

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
crhalton
318 Views, 3 Replies

Trouble importing fls files

Hi,

I am new to ReCap Pro, and I'm wondering how long it should take for a scan to import. I am trying to import fls files from a Trimble TX-5. First I tried importing the entire project (~10 scans), and now I tried only the first two. It has been saying "Please wait for the selected scan to import" for over 30 minutes. I have 8GB of RAM, a workstation 3D graphics card, and over 2 TB of storage space free, so I don't think my hardware is an issue.

I am using the free 30 day trial of ReCap Pro. I attempted to download the full version here (I am a student): http://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/students-university/all-products but I get an error (page 404 not found) when I attempt to download and install.

ReCap Pro would be incredibly helpful to my research if I can get it to work! Thanks in advance.

Casey

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
MarcZinck
in reply to: crhalton

Hi Casey,

Could you provide some more details about the scans (number of points, color/no color, file size, etc...)? Did you notice if the CPU is active while the scan is importing? Some large fls scans can take a long time to import, especially if they have color data, however 30 minutes sounds like an excessive amount of time.

Marc

Message 3 of 4
MarcZinck
in reply to: crhalton

We are currently experiencing technical issues with ReCap Pro educational downloads. Our web team is aware of the issue and working on a fix.

Marc

Message 4 of 4
crhalton
in reply to: MarcZinck

Hi Marc,

I figured out a temporary work around for the mean time. ReCap can be downloaded via the Virtual agent. I downloaded it here, then entered in my product key and activation code at installation and it worked.

Casey

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report