Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spiders

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
foutjm
289 Views, 4 Replies

spiders

soooo any help on how to fix my pclouds from looking like this?

seems like if i set decimation grid to zero there is going to be a lot more spiderwebs.

what am i doing wrong?

it takes so many hours to process the scan data and the help file is really basic.

so trial by error is eating into my modeling time.

spiderwebs.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
richiee
in reply to: foutjm

Can you give us a little more insight into your process? Are you able to tell us how you got to this point? (Things like the source of the data, the format of the files, etc can help us to determine what's actually happening here.)
Message 3 of 5
foutjm
in reply to: richiee

black adn white scans of a PEB. FLS format

Registered in Recap and used the default settings. probably need to tweak the decimation, filtering i guess.

time to start again, ugh starting over is gonna blow. took me 4-5 days to register/index/region/unify scans.

got thrown into the mix with no prior knowledge of Recap registration aaaaaaaaaaaand go....we are behind on the project

and the model is barely started.

Message 4 of 5
cheliotes

I have seen this effect before. I don't think it has anything to with Recap. I have noticed that sharp edges (i.e. the edge of the I-beam) will create this effect. I am guessing that it is caused by a measurement wherein at the point of measurement, the laser hits the edge and what is beyond it simultaneously creating a fictitous plane of points between the two (i have started calling overspray). The only work-around the I have found is to reduce the resolution of the scan. Hope this helps.

Message 5 of 5
foutjm

Smiley LOLThanks for the reply.

if this scan loses anymore resolution i will go blind trying to measure column flanges...hehe..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report