ReCap Pro General Discussion
Welcome. This is the place to share and discuss everything ReCap Studio.

ReCap Pro General Discussion

2 Posts
0 Kudos
Post 1 of 6
Accepted Solution

Running RECAP without an internet connection

1629 Views, 5 Replies
05-10-2013 07:13 AM

Is it possible to run Recap without connecting to the internet first to login?

We operate a standalone network that is not connected to the internet and so it is impossible to login to the Autodesk login.  The application just quits if it cannot find an internet connection.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

UPDATED:

There are two answers currently:

1) For the free ReCap that you download from the web site, ReCap only needs that internet connection one time.  If you can get internet access once, log-in and from then on you should stay logged in to ReCap even if you don't have an internet connection.

2) If you have another Autodesk product installed that includes ReCap in the product (including almost all of the Autodesk Suites, or many of the popular stand-alone applications like AutoCAD, Revit, Inventor) then I do not belevie it requires a login to work.  I think the login is only required with the free ReCap used by itself.

It is a good idea for at least one person in your company to get internet connectivity on a regular basis to check for product patches, etc.  For example there was a ReCap patch shortly after launch in April.  When you connect while logged in you can receive Autodesk notifications about patches, etc.

Let me know if neither of these options works for you.  We may not have a solution currently but the feedback can help the team prioritize future improvements.

Active Contributor
38 Posts
5 Kudos
Post 2 of 6

Re: Running RECAP without an internet connection

05-13-2013 06:25 AM in reply to: d.mercel

d.mercel wrote:

Is it possible to run Recap without connecting to the internet first to login?

It should, at least it does on my machine.

I think it's probably a graphics card related issue. Please try

updating ReCap (there's a service pack already)
    updating your graphics card driver

If this is to no avail, try posting your issue to the Laser Scanning Forum. There are some decent experts out there.

www.kubit-software.com
Employee
19 Posts
6 Kudos
Post 3 of 6

05-17-2013 10:58 AM in reply to: d.mercel

UPDATED:

There are two answers currently:

1) For the free ReCap that you download from the web site, ReCap only needs that internet connection one time.  If you can get internet access once, log-in and from then on you should stay logged in to ReCap even if you don't have an internet connection.

2) If you have another Autodesk product installed that includes ReCap in the product (including almost all of the Autodesk Suites, or many of the popular stand-alone applications like AutoCAD, Revit, Inventor) then I do not belevie it requires a login to work.  I think the login is only required with the free ReCap used by itself.

It is a good idea for at least one person in your company to get internet connectivity on a regular basis to check for product patches, etc.  For example there was a ReCap patch shortly after launch in April.  When you connect while logged in you can receive Autodesk notifications about patches, etc.

Let me know if neither of these options works for you.  We may not have a solution currently but the feedback can help the team prioritize future improvements.

9 Posts
0 Kudos
Post 4 of 6

08-19-2013 11:31 AM in reply to: brianmathews

Hi Brian,

Can you actually show where is this "free ReCap that you download from the web site", because so far, I was able to find only a "Free trial ReCap Pro" and "ReCap Photo", on the Autodesk site!

I would also like to know to which one of these versions (the two above and the one deployed with other Autodesk products) does the ReCap SP1 apply?

It looks that the documentation and the explanations about this product are a little bit scarce and fuzzy so far, creating and maintaining a lot of confusion!

Thanks in advance,

Constantin

Employee
21 Posts
3 Kudos
Post 5 of 6

08-19-2013 12:49 PM in reply to: constantingherasim5640

Hello Constantin,

Let me clarify.  At this point, both ReCap offerings (ReCap Pro and ReCap Photo) are in free trial.  ReCap Pro is the most current desktop product, which replaces ReCap Studio with ReCap SP1. 

ReCap Studio is packaged with Suites products and the service pack will apply to it.

ReCap Pro (available online only) has a collection of additional features (such as registration) that extend the features that were available in ReCap Studio.  

We are actively improving the documentation and apologize for any confusion. If you have any questions, please reach out through this forum and we will address.

- Aaron

9 Posts
0 Kudos
Post 6 of 6

08-20-2013 06:38 AM in reply to: acmorris

Hi Aaron,

Very clear explanation, thank you for the quick reply :smileyhappy:

Regards,

Constantin

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the future of the Autodesk Community? To participate in this brief usability study, please click here. Your time and input is greatly appreciated!