Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recap updates problem

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
dedken
866 Views, 9 Replies

Recap updates problem

Hi,

I have recently installed Autodesk BDS 2015 which includes Recap 1.3.1.39. I'm trying to update to the latest version, but there doesn't seem to be any way to do it. The instruction on the Autodesk website says this: "Note: ReCap 1.3.1.39 needs to upgrade to 1.3.2.500 through APP Manager before installing the hotfix." But my Application Manager tells me that all my Autodesk software is up-to-date, when it's clearly not.

What do I do?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
vidanom
in reply to: dedken

You can download the latest 1.4 version directly from here:

http://www.autodesk.com/products/recap/free-trial

It would be the same as you would have installed from the suite.

Thank you,

Mitko

Message 3 of 10
dedken
in reply to: vidanom

I did think about doing that but assumed it would interfere with the existing licensing gubbins?
Message 4 of 10
vidanom
in reply to: dedken

All the features are available like with the BDS.

Only the Pro extension (for scan alignment) requires additional subscription which doesn't come with any of the Autodesk Suites.

More info on available tools can be found in this chart:

http://www.autodesk.com/products/recap/compare

Thank you,

Mitko

Message 5 of 10
darrelldixon
in reply to: vidanom

It seems that link only downloads an installer file. Also, you have to be logged on to the Autodesk web site and accept the licensing terms (even if you just want the non-pro version that does not require a license).

I manage 60+ seats of AutoCAD and related verticals and need to get the basic recap to all my users. Is there a way to get some sort of install file or deployment so that I do not have to re-download it 60+ times?
Message 6 of 10

Not at this point in time. When AutoCAD 2016 will be released, you could make a deployment of Autocadk 2016 with Recap 2016, or perhaps even just use that Deployment wizard to create a deployment that does include Recap but does not include AutoCAD itself.
Message 7 of 10

Thats what I have now. I made a Recap only deployment from our 2015 suite, but to get it current I have to run the deployment, then update it through the App Manager, then apply 6 hot fixes. Multiply that by 60 and it's a hassle.

Hopefully, going forward, they will do Recap like the rest of the products where you can download service packs and use them yo update your deployments.

Message 8 of 10

Hopefully, yes indeed

the problem also could become more manageble if they started to release cumulative hotfixes (HF8 would include all fixes up to HF8 ) instead of consequtive ones. (HF8 needs HF7 to be installed)

On the other hand, do all 60 installations of AutoCAD need to edit Point Coulds ? AutoCAD can atach the RCP files as reference, so for normal drafters, Recap does not have to be in the AutoCAD deployment. Only where the Point Cloud is edited, you need to have Recap up-to date.

And perhaps there, you could enable the Autodesk Application Manager to do this for you on those few machines.

Message 9 of 10

Cumulative hotfixes or service packs would be a big improvement for sure.

Perhaps not all 60 of our users use point clouds, but there is a desire to keep most machines somewhat uniform. We are using the new panoramic "mirror ball" views to see the pictures from the for greater detail. It's very handy and saves us a lot of field work time. And even our non-cad engineers are wanting to see those pictures also.

Message 10 of 10
richiee
in reply to: darrelldixon

We will definitely take this feedback into consideration. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report