Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recap - RealView (Scan view) does not open after moving project

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
jarrody
2723 Views, 10 Replies

Recap - RealView (Scan view) does not open after moving project

This is the first time I have put together a project in recap that I am not working on. I have updated my recap to the latest patch and am still having the same problem.

My project works locally on my own machine without any problems. I am able to do everything I would like to do with it. The problems arise when I move the project for other people to use. When I open the project from the new location, I lose the ability to go into a scan and view its "RealView" or panoramic image. This also happens when anyone else tries to open the project. I also lose the scan view button on the bottom of the screen (refer to attached screenshot), and when I click into the mirror bubble, nothing happens.

Here is how I have moved the project:

...\3D Scan\project.rcp

...\3D Scan\project support

...\3D Scan\project.rcs

the team would like to be able to use the "RealView" image to identify crowded spaces and trouble shoot problems on site (this is a remote location). Does anyone have any suggestions how I can fix this problem? I cant find any information related to this topic. Maybe I didn't move the project properly? Please advise!

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
richiee
in reply to: jarrody

When you move the project, are you by chance unifying it first? If you generate a unified RCS you will lose the ability to view the Real Views.

If not, could you please email just the RCP file (the RCP file contains no data beyond the project info so it will be safe to transmit in case any of this is sensitive data) to recap.customer.success@autodesk.com? That may be enough to help us figure out the problem.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 11
jarrody
in reply to: richiee

I moved both the RCP file and support folder for viewing within recap. I also exported as an RCS file to be used in Revit and Navisworks. If I just open up the RCP file, should I still be able to view the RealViews? I've sent the file to your attention.
Message 4 of 11
Aj.Noto.SG

I am having a similar issue and would like to piggyback on this thread...

I have noticed recently that a point cloud I registered thru ReCap will no longer let me enter the RealView/Scanorama photos. When I hover over the mirror ball it expands the shows the image preview of the RealView but will not let me click/enter into it. Further, I noticed that when I expand the Scan Locations tab under the Project Manager, it shows that my scan locations have a "?".

1. Any idea why these scans would unreference themselves? The .rcp file has not moved since it was created and the "Temporary Cache Files" folder still shows photos within it.

2. Is there a workflow I can follow to re-reference these scans into the .rcp without registering the point cloud again?

Thanks!

Tags (2)
Message 5 of 11
jarrody
in reply to: Aj.Noto.SG

Hi, I did not end up resolving this issue. My solution was to just re-import the scan files again and creating a new project. For whatever reason, this got the realview pictures to work again.
Message 6 of 11
josh

*bump*

Was there any further development on this? i ran into this exact same issue today with a client. i can use the mirror balls on my machine and everything looks fine, but the copy i took to my client's office doesn't have the mirror balls.

any ideas would be great thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product design suite ultimate
Complete 3D Concepts
 photo Autodesk_Inventor_2015_Certified_Professional_Badge_zpsf8iygufo.gif
Message 7 of 11
richiee
in reply to: josh

Hey Josh,

Can you tell us more about the circumstances of what happened? What version(s) were involved, what you did, what type of data, etc?

Message 8 of 11
josh

Hi Richiee,

i have registered the scans in Cyclone 9.1 and then exported them as a PTX file.

i then imported the PTX into ReCap 2.1.0.17, it didn't recognize the existing registration and asked me to register the scans again. i did that and then saved the file. everything looks fine and works the way it should on my computer. 

i copied the .rcp file and support folder to a memory stick and took that to my clients office. they cut and pasted the file and folder to their machine and opened it.they don't have the mirror balls at all or the real view button at all. same as if it was done from an E57 file and not a PTX. everything else looks fine.

i have emailed them to find out what version they are using and have asked them to update if it is not 2.1.0.17 and see if that fixes it. 

also just as a check i copied the files back onto the same stick i used yesterday and have opened it on my other computer running ReCap 1.5.0.33 and it seems to work 100% fine.

i will report back when i have more info. feel free to ask more questions in the mean time. and thanks for you help again richiee. 🙂

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Complete 3D Concepts
Message 9 of 11
josh

Hi Richie,

this is the reply i got from the client.

"I tried the updates through Application manager and it says I am all up to date. But when I look at the information as per attached it says version 1.5.0.33. When I go through the website to update, it doesn’t let me."

i have also realised in the mean time that i am running recap 360 on my laptop where i registered the scans and running recap on my PC. but it appears that both myself and my client have the most up to date copies of recap. so really not sure whats happening.

any help would be appreciated. 🙂

Complete 3D Concepts
Message 10 of 11
richiee
in reply to: josh

Ah yes, that makes more sense. The update from 1.5.x to 2.x was significant enough that it required a manual update to 2.0. I would highly encourage you to do so if you are able to as all updates are free and there are a ton of new features (as well as fixes... specifically I believe there was an issue similar to this that was resolved in the 2.x releases). The best option would be to have them uninstall 1.5 and install the latest version from our website. (They'll most likely want ReCap as opposed to ReCap 360 since 1.5 was a Suites release.) With any luck, that should resolve their issue. Otherwise we'll definitely want to investigate further.

Message 11 of 11
josh

Hi Richee,

Just thought i should check back in and say that we both upgraded and the problem is gone. thanks again for the help. 🙂

Complete 3D Concepts

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report