Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ReCap Limit?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
MJustinTaylor
493 Views, 3 Replies

ReCap Limit?

Does anyone know if there is a limit to the amount of scans or overall data that ReCap can handle?

We use a Z&F Scanner and when set to mediu quality (colour) ReCap is fine registering the indivisdual scans until about 90 odd the consistantly fails.

I am now working on a smaller dataset, only 30 scans or so, but at high definition (total data comes to 18.6GB) and ReCap just failes and closes ever few scans during registration stage.

We have tried on a number of differnt machines from high spec ot lower spec and nothing seems to mmake a difference, so Im not sure it anything specific on the hardware side.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Also does anyone know what makes a good ReCap machine? currently our offices low end Sony VAIO laptops do just as good a job as the high end desktop (sometime better) in terms of registering the scans and then when it comes to creating a unified model.
Message 3 of 4

I have also discovered that if ReCap fail to register a scan and crashes, that its sometime necessary to kill the ReCap.exe in Task Manager as it still seems to be running.
Message 4 of 4
vidanom
in reply to: MJustinTaylor

Thank you Justin,

Great feedback

There should not be a limit size.

I’ll ask for an advice from the dev team and get back to you.

Thank you,

Mitko

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report