Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recap crash while exporting .rcs file (Assertion Failed)

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1245 Views, 6 Replies

Recap crash while exporting .rcs file (Assertion Failed)

I keep getting this problem where I am exporting a registered .rcp file to .rcs. My rcp file itself is 68GB in size. One thing that I notice is it only happens if I choose "unify scan points" option below 10mm. I have tried to uninstall both of my recap pro and my windows 7 and the problem still persist. Below, I attached the screen shot of the error message I got when it crashed. It mentions problems with AdskRcImport.dll and PointCloudIndexer.cpp.

Computer specs: Core i7-4900MQ @ 2.8GHz, 32GB RAM, AMD FirePro M6100 FireGL V, Windows 7 

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
richiee
in reply to: Anonymous

Thank you for providing such a detailed report. I've passed this along to one of our engineers to look into further. We hope to have a fix available in an upcoming update.

Message 3 of 7
FadriJecklin
in reply to: richiee

Hi

Ecatcly the same here. Same error message. Same Recap verison. 1.4.1.7

In one project i can not go under 20mm raster.

In some projects it works fine, in some not.

Until now, i can not say whats the point for working well or not.

To me, indexing and exporting pointclouds is still a bit to much lottery what scares me to integrate recap fix in our pipeline.

Cheers

Message 4 of 7
fholman

I too must be added to the list of those who have experienced this crash.

My setting was for 5mm which was the default that Recap was using.

I didn't expect Recap Pro to be released with such a big problem.  My initial reaction was to blame my computer going to sleep.  Once I searched on 'crash' in this forum though, I found this thread.

I have restarted the export, but now I do not expect it to finish without crashing at the 33% mark.

Smiley Sad

Being intelligent is not a felony. But most societies evaluate it as at least a misdemeanor. - Heinlein
Message 5 of 7
richiee
in reply to: fholman

@All, 

This has been fixed and will be included in next week's update.

Appologies for the inconvenience.

Message 6 of 7
fholman
in reply to: richiee

Yes, thank you, the update fixes that problem.

I have now been able to create the combined .rcs file I wanted.

Good work. 

Being intelligent is not a felony. But most societies evaluate it as at least a misdemeanor. - Heinlein
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

So Recap Pro continues to crash when I am registering my scans and it is verifiying my license ( it doesn't get further than the picture I've attached). Please help.....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report