Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.pts Import Limits

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
653 Views, 2 Replies

.pts Import Limits

Good Day

Are there any specificlimits when importing a .pts file into Recap.

We have had one or two errors after importing a .pts file of say 22 Gig.

The filter and density settings have been kept as the default configuration of recap.

When we create the .Rcp and .Rcs the cloud only comes out at about 220 Mb?

And the density is greatly reduced?

We have clipped and exported smaller .pts files and reimported them, same Recap import settings . . . then the desity of points is correct in the exported Recap files?

Not too sure what the cause of this could be? any advice welcome just to see if Recap does has limits to what size file it is capable to import.

For me a .pts is a dead unitelligent file simply with x y z (Color) line config, so for this to be corrupt i can not really see it?

Cheers

Richard

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Does no one know an answer to this question?

I'm have similar trouble.

I import a PTS file into ReCap but what i end up with is less dense that what i began with.

If i import the same PTS file into Navisworks there is a hugh diference, the density of the points is better.

Why is reCap reducing the number of points in the PTS file on conversion?

Please help,  (trying to convince people ReCap is the way to go for Point Clouds)

Message 3 of 3
michael.riley
in reply to: Anonymous

Richard,

As turned out to be the solution here, is decimation set to 0mm in the import advanced options menu?

Thanks,

Michael

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report