Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing X,Y,Z information

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
godiving
441 Views, 6 Replies

Losing X,Y,Z information

Scans were registered in FARO Scene 5.2. We used reference scans to keep each workspace linked together but when converting to recap files they are not keeping the X,Y,Z cordinates

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cloudyao
in reply to: godiving

Hi,

Sorry, I didn't quite catch what you said. Do you mean that you import files with skip registration but the scans are not registered? Did you select the workspace(.fws/.lsprj) or the scans files(.fls)?

Thanks,

Cloud Yao

Message 3 of 7
godiving
in reply to: cloudyao

We had a very large scan project of about 400 .fls files.  These were given to us in separate projects containing 20-25 individual registered/colored .fls files each.  We then transformed each .lsproj file to a global location based on a reference scan.  Each .lsproj file contained a reference scan to the sequential .lsproj before it and after it. 

For example-  Project2.lsproj contained .fls files 025.fls through 050.fls.  Project1.lsrpoj contained scans 001.fls through 025.fls.  We then transformed project2.lsproj to match based upon the 025.fls x,y,z scan location.  We did it this way so that we could keep the individual .lsproj files to a reasonable size.  We’ve done this before in Scene 4.8 before the advent of .lsproj files, with faro workspaces (.fws) and it’s worked.  Now, each .lsproj should be on the proper x,y,z coordinates based on the reference scan from the sequential .lsproj file before it.  They aren’t.  When we import into recap, the x,y,z transformation isn’t transmitted correctly and the scans aren’t geolocated correctly. 

Message 4 of 7
cloudyao

Hi,

Thank you for the detailed explaination. I've reported it to the team. We'll looking into it.

Best Regards,

Cloud Yao

Message 5 of 7
vidanom
in reply to: cloudyao

Hi,

Can you try in Scene by right click on Scans and select "save copy of scans"?

Those files should work and scans should appear in right place in ReCap.

In meantime, we'll continue to look into the Scene project file report.

Thank you,

Mitko

Message 6 of 7
godiving
in reply to: vidanom

I was able to save a set of scans as described and that worked for me

Message 7 of 7
vidanom

Glad to hear
Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report