Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Index Scans produces no Point Cloud

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jarrodbaumann7604
664 Views, 3 Replies

Index Scans produces no Point Cloud

I have just finished registering 33 scans.  After clicking the "Index Scans" button, ReCAP processes all 33 of the scans in less than 10 seconds.  Clearly something is not working correctly.  After clicking "Launch project" there is nothing to view in the point cloud.  The Scan Locations show none of the scans.  All files in the Support folder stilll include the temp files for each scan and NO .RCS files have been generated. (see image)

How do I restart the indexing process so that the .RCS files are properly indexed and registered?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

Could you try to create a new project and import only one scan into it? If it succeeds, then would you please send me the RCP file and share data files of any scan with me? Each scan has 6 data files: .diff, .rcc etc. If it fails, would you please share the raw file with me? We'll investigate this issue once we get data.

You can share files via ReCap 360, my account is cloud.yao@autodesk.com

Thanks,

Cloud Yao

Message 3 of 4
nichapat.k
in reply to: cloudyao

I am having the exact same problem in Recap 360 Ultimate. I loaded and indexed 54 scans. Were you able to solve the problem and how?

Faan

Message 4 of 4

1) be sure you are on the newest version 2.2.0.25. If not de-install your current version and download and install from here https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/recap/downloads#?sort=score
2) Import and index (skip registration if they are already registered) only 2 scans to start with. Save the project if this works, Save as to another location and then import the other 52 scant into the project.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report