Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing X330 FLS

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
cheliotes
1038 Views, 9 Replies

Importing X330 FLS

Has anyone had any success importing FLS files from the Faro X330 Scanner? I have attempted to import the file in it's raw format as well as a file that was pre-processed in Scene 5.2. Upon import/Index in Recap, the progress bar hangs at Zero.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
vidanom
in reply to: cheliotes

Not yet. Please wait for the newer release, which should come out soon.

We'll let you know.

Mitko

Message 3 of 10
ZoltanFerenczy

You can manually register the Scene 5.2 SDK and ReCap will be able to use it. 1. Uninstall all of the versions of Scene SDK that are listed in Add/Remove Programs in the Control panel. 2. Download and install the Scene 5.2 SDK from Faro. You may may have to reboot after. 3. There should now be a folder in C:\Windows\winsxs\ called amd64_faro.ls_1d23f5635ba800ab_1.1.502.0_none_347e8ae1032f54af 4. Open an elevated command prompt and switch to the C:\Windows\System32 folder. 5. Run the REGSVR32 command giving it the full path the the following two files in the folder in step 3: iQOpen.dll and Faro.LS.SDK.dll ReCap should not be able to read files from Scene 5.2. It may hang for a minute or two before it starts to read the first file, but this is normal.
Message 4 of 10
cheliotes
in reply to: ZoltanFerenczy

Thanks for the reply Ferenczy. I have attempted this solution, but am not gaining much traction.

Here is my command prompt entry:

Command Prompt.PNG

Here is the result:

Error.PNG

Any ideas? Thanks.

Message 5 of 10
ZoltanFerenczy

Make sure that the directory actually exists. It may have a slightly different name, but there should be only one dir with the name amd64_faro.ls_... If the dir does not exist, reboot the machine after installing the Faro SDK. Also, make sure you are installing the 64-bit version of the SDK.
Message 6 of 10

...also, it looks like you forgot the ".dll" at the end of the file name.
Message 7 of 10
cheliotes
in reply to: ZoltanFerenczy

Thanks for the help! Worked like a charm. The solution was

"Regvr32 C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_faro.ls_1d23f5635ba800ab_1.1.502.0_none_347e8ae1032f54af\FARO.LS.SDK.dll"

instead of what I did above.

Message 8 of 10
cheliotes

"REGSVR32" I mean.

Message 9 of 10
ursamaniac
in reply to: vidanom

Does the new version of ReCap Pro solve this issue automatically? I still have the trail version and am waiting for my license for the full version, hopefully this week. I don't have Scene at all, but I was trying to import data from a fellow's X330 and it just hangs. I have a 120 that Pro works great on all the time.

Message 10 of 10
cloudyao
in reply to: ursamaniac

Yes, we've supported Scene 5.2 SDK in the latest version. Please have a try. 

Thanks,

Cloud Yao

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report