Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing a point cloud as a single file

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
turbaniak
271 Views, 3 Replies

Importing a point cloud as a single file

I am trying to process a (single) point cloud that has been aligned in the Cyclone software so that it can be exported for use in Autodesk products, 3D Studio Max in particular. When I import the single PTX file into Recap, it shows all of the individual scans as PTX icons, not the (already) merged cloud. Is there a way or particular filetype that can be processed without having to realign all of the individual scans?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ryan.frenz
in reply to: turbaniak

ReCap just separates the individual scan positions inside your PTX - it will still keep the embedded position and orientation.  If you don't need to align them, just click 'skip registration' instead of 'register scans'.

Ryan

Message 3 of 4
ARC0112358
in reply to: ryan.frenz

I am doing this same exercise, but when I hit 'index scans' after import of PTX, it opens the workspace and there is no data.  The PTX file I am importing from Cyclone is 32 GB.  ReCap creates all of the Real View images which I canreview in the 'support' folder for the RCP - only, there is no point cloud in the workspace and I cannot go to nearest Real View in the workspace either.  What am I missing?

Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
richiee
in reply to: ARC0112358

Just to verify a few things, are you currently running version 2.0.1.5? If so, what happens when you hit the index button? Is it processing for a while, or does it immediately open the project?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report