Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freezing while Indexing (Registration in Recap)

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
1918 Views, 9 Replies

Freezing while Indexing (Registration in Recap)

ReCap crashed while indexing a very large project (around 200 scans).  It indexed 2 scans before the crash and when I reopened the program it says "pending" on all of the rest of the scans, but the program is doing nothing in task manager.  Is there any way to restart this indexing process? 

As mentioned in the title, I did the registration in Recap.  

I really really really would hate to have to restart this project.  So, any help would be highly appreciated!

Thank you,

Caitlin

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
richiee
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you tried re-opening your RCP file? If you haven't, give that a try and see what state the project is in. Unless you didn't save, I would expect your registration to have been preserved.

As for the crash itself, can you give us an idea of what type of data you're using (source, filetype, etc) and the version of ReCap you're running?

Thanks.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: richiee

Yes, I have tried just restarting the program.  The issue is now recap considers the indexing to be 100% complete, when it has only indexed two of the 200 scans. The registration is still there, but I can't get the indexing to restart.  I've tried deleting a scan and importing it back in, and then reindexing.  That only indexed the one scan that I brought back in. 

I'm using a trial of Recap version 1.2.149.506.  The data brought in were Faro fls.

Thank you. 

Message 4 of 10
ryan.frenz

Hi Caitlin,

Have a look at your project's support folder.  For each scan, you should have a number of files.  Specifically each scan should have either an 'RCS' file or two 'temp' files (.temp16 and .temp27).  We have seen a bug in the past where an intermittent indexing problem causes the temp files to be removed without the RCS being generated.  This results in the behavior you're seeing.

Can you check your support files for the scan that appears 'stuck'?  I can suggest next steps from there.

Ryan

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: ryan.frenz

Hey Ryan.  Thanks for getting back to me!

Alright, so, I looked at the scan where it is "stuck."  In recap itself, the scan comes up as completed (the gear/check mark is there), but the temporary files are still in the support folder/no RCS is present. 

Any clue about that one? 

Thank you again!

Caitlin

Message 6 of 10
ryan.frenz

Hi Caitlin,

If you can share your RCP file I'll have someone take a look.

Ryan

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

Hey Ryan, 

Unfortunately that's not possible since I work with some pretty sensitive data.  Sorry.  If this means that you can't help, I completely understand. 

Thanks,

Caitlin

Message 8 of 10
ryan.frenz

I understand, although keep in mind the RCP file contains only file names related to your data, nothing about the 3D info itself.

I will ask around about your problem and see if someone can help you remotely.  But usually inspecting the RCP is the easiest way to find a work around.

Ryan

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Ryan,

Sorry about that.  I didn't understand that you only wanted the RCP and not the support.  Is there a way to private message you the file?

Thanks,

Caitlin 

Message 10 of 10
chazUK

Was a solution found to this? I have just had the same thing happen when my computer went into sleep mode (accidentally) during indexing leaving the majority needing indexing even though the status believes it is 100% done.

Thanks,

Charlie.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report