Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export ReCap file with right coordinates

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
hahmad
1443 Views, 7 Replies

Export ReCap file with right coordinates

Now i have a txt laser file which i imported to Recap of an area that include a bridge, i am working on it and removing all the noise so i can then export it to civil 3d. what am trying to do is that that i want to devide my scan file to three parts. Bridge, colums and the ground. When i export every part and then reopen all these parts together it just get all on the same level with wrong placement. The way i used to rempve the noise was to like change the origin and using the limit box so i was wonderng maybe this was am using is totally wrond and it effect the coordinates of my file?

I want to know how can i check the coordinates of my scan file? and when i export/import, is there must be something i should enter so i can use the right coordinates? am new to recap and to the whole laserscan world so maybe my questions are a bit stupied but really need some help here.

When i go to settings > General > Coordinate system there is nothing selected.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
yan.fu
in reply to: hahmad

When you use "update origin" tool to change the origin, the coordinates of points are changed. You can check the current point coordinate by coordinate label at lower left part of the main window. Thanks!
Message 3 of 8
hahmad
in reply to: yan.fu

But what if i did not change the origo and instead while i was removing some unwanted points, it seems like that the origo is also changing there, my origo in the origional file is not on a specific point, its just in an empty space which makes it impossible for me to see what is the coordinate there, or is there a way to find out? kl.jpg

Message 4 of 8
hahmad

Another question, if i have changed the origo and i want to add XYZ data to the origo how do i do it? when i go to settings>General>Coordinatesystem and then write in (display as) my XYZ it doesnt seem that this solves the problemen because when i import my origional file again, it wont match. 

Message 5 of 8
yan.fu

Coordinatesystem is used to set mentor transform. The "display as" is used to change the string of x, y, z display. Both of them won't help to change the origin of the point cloud. You can only use "update origin" tool to change your origin. If you want to modify the updated origin, you can use "update origin" tool again to set the new origin. Thanks!
Message 6 of 8
hahmad

When i choose update origion again, is there a way to insert the origion xyz coordinates that i want so that my current origion will move there? the origion that i have in my origional file is 

y 30260

z 12

how can i make the origion in my current RCS file move to that point? 

Message 7 of 8
yan.fu

Sorry there is no way to achieve it now in ReCap. We will consider this requirement in later release. Thanks!
Message 8 of 8
Patrick_Aps_9121

Any update on this in Recap 4.1.0.62 ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report