Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change RCS file path

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
hahmad
504 Views, 2 Replies

Change RCS file path

Hello, am a student at Chalmers University of technology and now aam using ReCap pro in my theses, am trying to move my work from a PC to another and what i understood from previous posts that i can copy the rcp file and also the rcs file which i used in the beginning, but what if i want to chose another rcs file instead with the same rcp file? is it possible? Right now am getting some problems when i use the program, my PC just acts weird everytime i do something, i even chose to work with a smaller area by editing the "show box" or what it is called? .. but does this even help? i mean the work am doing now only happen to the shown area in that boz right? if not, then what is the way to use so i can work just use a small part of an area to do my work and so on? am trying to just group my pointcloud in different regions so i can lately export every region on its own to Civil3D. 

Wish to get an answer for my questions soon 😞 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
yan.fu
in reply to: hahmad

If the new RCS file has the same name with the one you attached in RCP before, you are able to load the new RCS with the same RCP file. When you edit the limit box, you will work with only the points inside the limit box. Meanwhile, you can also use clip operation to temporarily clip some area and the focus on working on a small part. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
hahmad
in reply to: yan.fu

Another issue, my project just started regening really slow. You can see the scan regen in small tiles. As I try to move/pan around it starts the slow regen process again. It is pegging my CPU to 100% causing the RCP to work slow. I have been grouping my file in regions, tried to export to unified RCS but the regions didn't follow.. Any solution?

Also about changing the scan RCS file- how do you mean?is it under settings > advanced > search path for scan files? and just chose the file where my RCS file is located?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report